Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnoobizor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hey folks,

I have been using my Macbook Air 2011 13" for the last two months, and have had no problems connecting to our wireless network.

Today, we just installed a new router and my Air won't connect to it. I'm entering the correct password, but each time it says "connection timeout". My sister was able to connect to her Windows laptop, but I can't get my Air to do it.

Can anyone help/point me to a similar thread with a solution?

Thanks!

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Are you sure you are using the right type of encryption/security between the router and your computer? You might try turning the security/encryption off for some testing, and see if you can connect that way.

I would also try changing the password on the router to something simple and then matching it up on the computers - sometimes the passwords don't match and you don't realize it...

macnoobizor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Well it is now fixed! Turns out it was the channel. Had to change it from auto to 6.

Thank you thuglove!

----------

Are you sure you are using the right type of encryption/security between the router and your computer? You might try turning the security/encryption off for some testing, and see if you can connect that way.

I would also try changing the password on the router to something simple and then matching it up on the computers - sometimes the passwords don't match and you don't realize it...

Thank you for trying to help as well.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.