PDA

View Full Version : Custom Install Office 2011 on MBA?

stark4
Oct 1, 2011, 06:49 PM
I just got a Office 2011 for MBA and i just want to How do you guys install it on MBA? Do you guys do Custom install and just select Word,Excel and power point only or full install? i tried in on my MBP and with the full install they also include extra stuff like Windows Messenger.

So in order to save space on MBA can i just select Word, Excel and Power Point only and deselect the rest? do you guys think i'll run into problem later on?

Thanks

Macman45
Oct 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
I just got a Office 2011 for MBA and i just want to How do you guys install it on MBA? Do you guys do Custom install and just select Word,Excel and power point only or full install? i tried in on my MBP and with the full install they also include extra stuff like Windows Messenger.

So in order to save space on MBA can i just select Word, Excel and Power Point only and deselect the rest? do you guys think i'll run into problem later on?

Thanks

And it's a good idea too. If you have the business version with Outlook, I'd give that a miss too. It's on my MBA but it's so flaky and hard to configure that even when I got it working I didn't trust it, so went back to Tbird as my mail client.

I have Word, Excel and PP on my 256 MBA The rest of the junk I would leave alone.

glen e
Oct 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
no......

Macman45
Oct 1, 2011, 07:08 PM
no......

Or I wouldn't have either....One day maybe we won't have to have MS stuff, but I need it (sadly)

reputationZed
Oct 1, 2011, 09:27 PM
And it's a good idea too. If you have the business version with Outlook, I'd give that a miss too. It's on my MBA but it's so flaky and hard to configure that even when I got it working I didn't trust it, so went back to Tbird as my mail client.

I have Word, Excel and PP on my 256 MBA The rest of the junk I would leave alone.

Tbird? Didn't realize it was still around.