Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stark4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Florida
I just got a Office 2011 for MBA and i just want to How do you guys install it on MBA? Do you guys do Custom install and just select Word,Excel and power point only or full install? i tried in on my MBP and with the full install they also include extra stuff like Windows Messenger.

So in order to save space on MBA can i just select Word, Excel and Power Point only and deselect the rest? do you guys think i'll run into problem later on?

Thanks

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
You Can

I just got a Office 2011 for MBA and i just want to How do you guys install it on MBA? Do you guys do Custom install and just select Word,Excel and power point only or full install? i tried in on my MBP and with the full install they also include extra stuff like Windows Messenger.

So in order to save space on MBA can i just select Word, Excel and Power Point only and deselect the rest? do you guys think i'll run into problem later on?

Thanks

And it's a good idea too. If you have the business version with Outlook, I'd give that a miss too. It's on my MBA but it's so flaky and hard to configure that even when I got it working I didn't trust it, so went back to Tbird as my mail client.

I have Word, Excel and PP on my 256 MBA The rest of the junk I would leave alone.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
And it's a good idea too. If you have the business version with Outlook, I'd give that a miss too. It's on my MBA but it's so flaky and hard to configure that even when I got it working I didn't trust it, so went back to Tbird as my mail client.

I have Word, Excel and PP on my 256 MBA The rest of the junk I would leave alone.

Tbird? Didn't realize it was still around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.