Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickRe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
I am researching ways to connect my MacBook to my HDTV. I'm not sure what will work better.

I have seen mini dvi to hdmi converters. Being I have an xtra hdmi cable, this is the most economical way. However, I have been reading that one should be using mini divi to DIVI to HDMI . . . Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What will get my best picture without problems. ??

Killaz045

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2011
ATL,GA
I am researching ways to connect my MacBook to my HDTV. I'm not sure what will work better.

I have seen mini dvi to hdmi converters. Being I have an xtra hdmi cable, this is the most economical way. However, I have been reading that one should be using mini divi to DIVI to HDMI . . . Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What will get my best picture without problems. ??

best option is getting the mini display port to hdmi adapter and and since macbook dont support audio through the hdmi cable you will need to get a 3.5 mm to stereo male cable

METOO999

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007

I use an Apple mini-DVI-to-DVI adapter hooked up to a DVI-to-HDMI cable, like this.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=2661&seq=1&format=2

You'll need an optical cord and adapter if you're going to use digital audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.