PDA

View Full Version : Finally a iPhone on Sprint

BigSaintDogs
Oct 3, 2011, 11:17 PM
I have been a Sprint customer for 14 years and have had nothing but good service and customer support the entire time. The Rates can't be beat and the iPhone is going to put them up the food chain. Anyone jumping to Sprint for a truly unlimited data plan. :cool:

emoore
Oct 3, 2011, 11:20 PM
Im jumping from Verizon to Sprint if they get the iPhone. It will be my first smartphone. I have been a Verizon customer for 10 years but their customer service seems to be getting worse and worse. Similar to Sprints customer service in the 90s which was the reason I left Sprint. Have heard their customer service is much better these days so I'm excited to try them out again.

RtodaAV
Oct 3, 2011, 11:22 PM
Customer service gets worse when they start marking alot of money

wordoflife
Oct 3, 2011, 11:25 PM
I like Sprint, but I just can't use them. I'm not jumping to Sprint, mainly because their service is inferior locally. There's a lot of dead spots ... and, it's just slow. My friend did a speedtest for me and he was barely pulling 0.30Mb/s down (idk if that was just his phone, or Sprint) but on AT&T, I pull over 3.00Mb/s. To be honest, I don't really use that much data, so I think I'll just take the higher speeds instead.

So no, I'm not jumping. Mainly because I don't need an unlimited plan, and because service isn't that great anyways. I'm glad it works for you though. Sprint worked well where I used to live.

If I were to switch to Sprint, it would be because of lower prices, if any. But I dislike CDMA technology in general (that's a different story though).

RotaryP7
Oct 3, 2011, 11:25 PM
The iPhone on Sprint will be a burden on their network. Expect slow speeds because of the unlimited data.

rmlred
Oct 3, 2011, 11:26 PM
Ive had Sprint all my life(I'm 16) and my dad has used Sprint for his company for 16+ years. We have never had any problems or bad customer service. Every one says Sprint's network is slow, maybe it is to other people, but the 3G and 4G speeds suit me just fine.

I will defiantly be upgrading to the iPhone, unless Sprint does something like an "iPhone plan" which is more per month than any other smart phone plan. Even if they do have an "iPhone" plan as long as its not ridiculously priced, I will still upgrade.

PS. If the rumor about Sprint getting the iPhone 5 exclusively(in the US) is true... I think it would be great pay back for all the AT&T users for when they had the iPhone before everyone else.

-Royce

RtodaAV
Oct 3, 2011, 11:26 PM
The iPhone on Sprint will be a burden on their network. Expect slow speeds because of the unlimited data.

I'm sure they will roll out the 2gb cap in a year lol

BigSaintDogs
Oct 3, 2011, 11:28 PM
I have had the EVO 4G since it came out... It has been OK but as I have MAC laptops, 17 in MacBook Pro at home and a 13 in MacBook Air for the road... An iPhone will fill the gaps that an Android platform has interfacing with the Mac. The iCloud services are making me shake in anticipation!

RotaryP7
Oct 3, 2011, 11:28 PM

Heh, they have to.. Or else people will be on 2G/EDGE streaming video. :D

rever3nce
Oct 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
I have always used iphone and I must say that I am pretty happy that it will be coming to Sprint. AT&T and Verizon are a little difficult to get into as far as credit checks go and with sprint its normally $50 deposit or $100, not too bad.

So this being said , it will open it up to a LOT more customers that maybe can't get into ATT or Verizon and can just get with Sprint and get an iphone.

I also think this will open up more opportunity for more people to enjoy one of the best phones on the market :D

Whoever has sprint and ends up getting the iphone let us know what you think!!!

BigSaintDogs
Oct 3, 2011, 11:33 PM

Not going to happen. When Sprint built their network it was digital from the ground up unlike Verizon or AT&Choke. Data has never been an issue for them and never will be. They're betting the bank on it. Data are never going to occur on Sprint! I would imagine within a year or 2 Verizon and At&Choke will both offer true unlimited options... get the surgeon... it will cost you though!