Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
I'm just curious on everyone's thoughts...
basically- my sister wants a cheap laptop- new or used...for about $1K...I can get the new base iMac for about close enough...
So I'm just here to ask the masses- should I? or wait a while..or get a used PBook...
Just keep in mind- this machine will not be pushed to it's limits. Primarily used for e-mail, surfing, and MS Office.... Granted, I could also probably find a used blue/orange iBook for less then half she's willing to spend- but I also want it to be "somewhat" current.
Anyway- what do you have to say?
Thank you for your help.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I reckon that you should wait until the new laptops come out (hopefully in the next month or so) + then quickly snap up a good deal on the recently phased out products. That way, you get a good laptop at less than top price which will be almost up to date.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by Falleron
I reckon that you should wait until the new laptops come out (hopefully in the next month or so) + then quickly snap up a good deal on the recently phased out products. That way, you get a good laptop at less than top price which will be almost up to date.

ditto

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
I also agree, there are plenty of rumours about an iBook change coming soon, prices on the current iBooks would drop considerably.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.