PDA

View Full Version : C'mon blue tooth mouse please!

MacTruck
May 2, 2005, 10:12 PM
Why hasn't anybody come out with a normal sized blue tooth mouse yet? Everybody makes one version and its either too big or too small. Is there something about bluetooth that makes it difficult? I went to best buy to replace my logitech optical with a bluetooth version and its like impossible to find one. The only one best buy sells is the stupid tiny travel one that is made for minime. I don't get it.

PlaceofDis
May 2, 2005, 10:13 PM
the Apple BT moust is normal sized, as is the Logitech MX 900 as far as i know...

mkrishnan
May 2, 2005, 10:16 PM
the Apple BT moust is normal sized, as is the Logitech MX 900 as far as i know...

Hehe, yeah, I think the problem is that the OP is shopping at Best Buy. :rolleyes: How many salespeople at BB even know what BT is? :eek: :D

Edit: The Mouse BT, which has received mixed reviews, is also a full-size, AFAIK, similar in dimensions to the Apple mouse (which is what I have).

MacTruck
May 2, 2005, 10:17 PM
That logitech is not normal, its full of wierd buttons that I won't use and the apple and its one button, nuff said.

MacTruck
May 2, 2005, 10:23 PM
Edit: The Mouse BT, which has received mixed reviews, is also a full-size, AFAIK, similar in dimensions to the Apple mouse (which is what I have).

Ok, cool. That looks like a nice mouse. How does it work? Any problems, good connection?

PlaceofDis
May 2, 2005, 10:25 PM
Ok, cool. That looks like a nice mouse. How does it work? Any problems, good connection?

do a search on the forms for the mouse and you will find plenty of reviews on it , might be easier than waiting for an answer here

PlaceofDis
May 2, 2005, 10:34 PM
repost - server busy

mkrishnan
May 2, 2005, 10:38 PM

As PoD said...but I'll add, there are strong reviews in both directions. From what I read, combined with whom I trust ;), my impression is that there was either a software or a hardware issue in early models, and that the later ones work rather well.

tykles
May 3, 2005, 12:04 AM
That logitech is not normal, its full of wierd buttons that I won't use and the apple and its one button, nuff said.
I'm not telling you that I know more about you than you do, but you might be surprised by how easy those "weird buttons" are to use, and how much you miss them when they aren't there. I have the mx700(IR version), and it allows me to page forward and back in safari, switch apps, page down and up, etc. The only reason I didn't get the 900 for my Powerbook is that I wanted something more lightweight. It is also the most comfortable mouse to hold that I've yet experienced. Give it a test drive somewhere.

ChrisBrightwell
May 3, 2005, 02:53 AM
Get the MX900. You'll use the buttons for Expose, at least. I'm not sure if I can map one to Dashboard (Tiger's still not here ... GRRR), but that would seal the deal for me.

The worst is when I forget to charge the MX900 and I have to use this crappy 2-button scrollmouse via USB. I miss those buttons so much. Having them there is a huge productivity boost.