PDA

View Full Version : my new powermac

Mr Jobs
Oct 5, 2002, 07:08 AM
i feel like i have to shout at the top of my voice that,
MY NEW DUAL 867 WITH 17" STUDIO DISPLAY IS HERE....YAAAA HOOOOOOO

ps. did i mention that i got and 10g ipod with it too, life is so great right now:D

edesignuk
Oct 5, 2002, 07:14 AM
Very nice, hope you enjoy it! :)

mac15
Oct 5, 2002, 07:32 AM
well done, another lucky guy with a killer computer, congrads, on thats one :D

UnixMac
Oct 5, 2002, 09:03 AM
Congrats.

I remember when I got my new MP 500, back when it was the latest and greatest thing......two weeks later they dropped the price by 500 and introduced the MP 533.

You are smart, you paid 1/2 what I did and got a faster computer...

Falleron
Oct 5, 2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by WanaPBnow
Congrats.

I remember when I got my new MP 500, back when it was the latest and greatest thing......two weeks later they dropped the price by 500 and introduced the MP 533.

You are smart, you paid 1/2 what I did and got a faster computer...
Yeah, but by all accounts the MP 500 + 533 are still great computers! That generation of G4 chip is strong.

UnixMac
Oct 5, 2002, 09:42 AM
Its serving me well.....I am now in the market for a PB----and Damn if Apple wants to keep me waiting for a new one!

Mr Jobs
Oct 5, 2002, 10:32 AM
thanks guys...WanaBnow i'm in the same boat as you, apple is making me wait to buy my new Ti

mnkeybsness
Oct 5, 2002, 10:50 PM
could someone please move this thread...it's hardly a "hardware rumor" and plus...i'm kind of sick of people needing to tell everyone about their new machines...a while back i got a new powermac...didn't really feel the need to try and make everyone jealous.

SilvorX
Oct 5, 2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr Jobs
i feel like i have to shout at the top of my voice that,
MY NEW DUAL 867 WITH 17" STUDIO DISPLAY IS HERE....YAAAA HOOOOOOO

ps. did i mention that i got and 10g ipod with it too, life is so great right now:D
lucky lucky u :(...i was getting excited cuz i realllllllllly wanted a powermac (867) and concidering it was gonna be a grad present...i might as well got that...but my dad was like "thats too expensive" :(..now im getting an emac..if i had a choice between an emac, 17" imac, and a 867 powermac with a 17" monitor..i'dd choose the 867 any day...*sigh* lol, but i might be getting a mac soon :)

finchna
Oct 5, 2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by WanaPBnow
Its serving me well.....I am now in the market for a PB----and Damn if Apple wants to keep me waiting for a new one!

Has there been anything about this anywhere in the past couple of weeks? Is there really going to be a new PB later this month? I'm also in the market.

Nathan

iJon
Oct 6, 2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by finchna

Has there been anything about this anywhere in the past couple of weeks? Is there really going to be a new PB later this month? I'm also in the market.

Nathan
My Apple Rep told me this week that new PowerBooks will be out by Thanksgiving, possibly even this month. and a brand new thing, a new applecare. The new Apple Care will cover a apple monitor if purchased with a powerbook on the same receipt. pretty cool huh.

iJon

UnixMac
Oct 6, 2002, 09:25 AM
Your Apple rep, he works for Apple? That would be a pretty credible source if he does.

As for Nathan, YES, there is a new PB due out this month from the rumor mill, and latest Jan :mad: ....... I however had a Ti800 in my hands for two weeks and got the bug for a lap top, had to return it due to a defect and decided to hang on to a store credit instead of cash back, when the salesman said a new one may be comming out soon.

As for Applecare, it sucks for warrantee, I like the tech support, but for warantee nothing comes close to the CompUSA TAP....no questions asked and usually they give you the latest and greatest replacement of what you bought.

There, now this is officially a rumor thread!

tjwett
Oct 6, 2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Falleron

Yeah, but by all accounts the MP 500 + 533 are still great computers! That generation of G4 chip is strong.

no doubt. the dual 533 is one of the most solid machine s Apple has ever made. infact, all of the later graphite models were just great, especially the 733 digital audio model. i'd rather have that than my 733 Quicksilver.