Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agnoslibertine

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Sweden
Recently my girlfriends computer broke down (a hp).
I told her I would buy her a new one.

Just before we enter to store. I try to be romantic and I tell her, "you can have any computer you want" (she is a university student and obviously needs a computer).

What do you think she picks?
Let me put it this way, she is off to dinner with her friends, and I am sitting at home with her macbook air 11 inch. :)

I say, wow, I need to get me one of these. these things are amazing.
I think I want to have the 13 inch however.

But so you know, if you tell your gf that she can pick any computer she wants, then there is a good chance she will pick the macbook air 11 inch. :)

Agnoslibertine

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Sweden
She looked at both 13 and 11, and she thought the 11 was "cuter" I guess.

ps. I keep teasing her, because she once said that she would never sell her soul to the devil (referring to apple or Steve Jobs)

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
She looked at both 13 and 11, and she thought the 11 was "cuter" I guess.

ps. I keep teasing her, because she once said that she would never sell her soul to the devil (referring to apple or Steve Jobs)

your the one who bought it :S

Funkymonk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2011
get the 13 mba for yourself. I've had A LOT of laptops (high end thinkpads, dells, hp, asus, alienware) and the MBA is by far the best laptop I have ever owned.

Agnoslibertine

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Sweden
Ya, okay, whats with the zing thing?

This is a american thing isn't it? :)

----------

your the one who bought it :S

true, true... :)

----------

get the 13 mba for yourself. I've had A LOT of laptops (high end thinkpads, dells, hp, asus, alienware) and the MBA is by far the best laptop I have ever owned.

Awesome, will pick it up at the end of the month. :)

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Trust me, the added height on the 13 inch is really worth it while taking notes, making papers etc. 16:9 on a 11 inch screen is just too small, have to scroll up and down all the time. I tried the 11 inches for a little bit, and for me it was hopeless. 16:9 is useless for anything else than watching movies, well at least until you reach 20++ inches (i still prefer 16:10 even on 27 inch+ screens).

Luckily the 13 inch is still 16:10.

Agnoslibertine

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Sweden
Trust me, the added height on the 13 inch is really worth it while taking notes, making papers etc. 16:9 on a 11 inch screen is just too small, have to scroll up and down all the time. I tried the 11 inches for a little bit, and for me it was hopeless. 16:9 is useless for anything else than watching movies, well at least until you reach 20++ inches (i still prefer 16:10 even on 27 inch+ screens).

Luckily the 13 inch is still 16:10.

Yeah, Im typing on the 11inch now, and yeah, I have to pinch all the time. (by the way, what a great idea, the whole pinch thing on laptops). :)

But, yeah, the 13 is definitely the way to roll (even if I can appreciate the mobility of the 11')

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.