PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Air

cjenniings85
Oct 5, 2011, 03:39 PM
Hi all, Been recently looking at getting an 11" MBA. I'm a computer science major, and I currently have a mid 2009 15" MBP. Started running into an issue when I take my MBP to class, it just doesn't fit on those tiny fold up trays in classes, and its near impossible to type well. Mostly wondering what are some thoughts on writing code on the 11" screen. Im mostly using xcode, or terminal for writing and compiling. also using it for light web browsing and just packing around on campus.

Thanks!

martinm0
Oct 5, 2011, 03:47 PM
While I don't have an 11" MBA, I would think the 1366x768 would still offer decent resolution for notes and coding. Just depends on how extensive the code is I suppose.

You could try setting your current MBA to a similar resolution and testing out how things look. It won't be identical (16:9 vs 16:10 ratios), but it would give you a fair taste.

kulimer
Oct 6, 2011, 12:09 AM
I'd buy one just for uncle Steve, in fact, in my case, I'll buy another since I am so sad.

Minhthien
Oct 6, 2011, 12:19 AM
I'd buy one just for uncle Steve, in fact, in my case, I'll buy another since I am so sad.

I wasn't gonna upgrade my iphone4 but now I am so so so sad so I'd buy the new iphone 4S!

thejadedmonkey
Oct 6, 2011, 12:19 AM
I have a 14" Dell with that screen resolution. It's alright for programming if it's nothing too complex, I think you'll be okay if you're just using it in class, but don't try doing much more with it unless you hook it up to a bigger monitor.

Remember with a 14" screen I can make the text smaller and it will still be visible, but you don't have that luxury on an 11" screen.

cjenniings85
Oct 6, 2011, 02:40 AM
Think I may pick one up, also gonna upgrade my 3gs to the 4s on friday.