Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bug

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So after complaining that I was fed up with Apple support I walked into a local reseller and asked if I made a purchase through them if they would deal with the warranty issues - they said they would even for Apple products I didn't buy though them. ....so, I asked if they had any of the old dual 2 GHz G5s they were selling off, and they had one for $2249 CND (so $250 less than the new 2x2 G5s). So I bought it. Yeah, I'm a looser, 2 days ago I'm saying I'll never deal with Apple again, and now I buy a new computer from them.

I only did it because the people at the store were really nice and assured me that they would deal with any hardware issues, so hopefully my time spent on hold with Apple waiting for someone who may or may not care about my issue will be minimized.

I prefer the older model because RAM is really my critical issue, if I replace the video card it will be with something other than what any of the new ones come with, and I just don't care about dual layer DVDs. This isn't my gaming machine - its a music machine (Cubase), Java dev box and a server.

So I'm happy! Even though I'm still fighting with Apple trying to get my Apple care registered for a purchase I made from them that they don't belive me about. In the end, its all better than having to make my music on a PC.

...guess I should go change my sig now - anyone want to buy my Debian box? ;)

:)

bug

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hey! I just moved to Van from Vic - hail to the island!

The funny thing is that back in the day I was a Logic user, then when they went Apple only, I cursed a bunch, and got Cubase. I grew to like using it more, and stuck with it, then moved to Mac through a completely unrelated series of events. So I went from Logic on a PC to Cubase on a Mac :)

How do you like the latest Logic? I just got SX 3 and think its great, but I really miss the hyper editor from Logic (I believe that is what it was called). The Cubase equiv. is a bit of a pain to do per note velocities with I find.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Haven't done a lot with Logic - it's still at 5.0. I haven't upgraded Cubase either because I heard SX3 is a resource hog, and I frankly haven't had the time to play around with it.

My son is a mad ProTools user, he just moved from Vancouver back to Victoria after 3 years producing and DJing there. He just walked into the house with yet another keyboard (a Roland V-Synth) - thankfully only rented...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.