Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
DK
Hello

Silly question but I want to make sure. I live in Europe and I'm going to New York soon...can I buy an iPod Nano in NY and still use it in Europe. There is no limitations, right?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hello

Silly question but I want to make sure. I live in Europe and I'm going to New York soon...can I buy an iPod Nano in NY and still use it in Europe. There is no limitations, right?

Pretty sure there aren't any. Not like an iPhone where it's locked.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
You shouldn't have any problems at all since iPods no longer come with AC adapters for charging. As long as you have a USB charger, you should be fine.

One thing to note is that European iPods are have volume limits whereas US ones don't (I'm pretty sure this is the case). Not sure how the laws are where you're at, but you may have issues if you try to sell it and the buyer blows out his eardrums. Not sure how litigious Europeans are ...

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
One thing to note is that European iPods are have volume limits whereas US ones don't (I'm pretty sure this is the case). Not sure how the laws are where you're at, but you may have issues if you try to sell it and the buyer blows out his eardrums. Not sure how litigious Europeans are ...

You would be silly not to mention that it is volume unlocked if you come to sell it. You would get a little more for it, just for that fact alone.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
You would be silly not to mention that it is volume unlocked if you come to sell it. You would get a little more for it, just for that fact alone.
+1 to you

Perhaps, but I'm used to the sue-happy mentality of the US.

If this were the law in the US and I sold a grey-market device that had the loudness feature, I'd fully expect to be sued, even if I told the buyer that the device could do that.

But you're right, Europeans would probably pay more for a US iPod just for the loudness potential.

sinser

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
US iPods are the only ones I would consider, since the european ones are sadly volume handicapped. I live in Italy and bought my first one in S. Francisco, now I just got me a new iPod classic from an american ebay seller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.