PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful when you open your MBA lid

stark4
Oct 8, 2011, 04:00 AM
ok so i woke up this morning and want to check my email so i went to my desk where my MBA was (MBA was on my desk) and i tried to lift up the MBA lid with my index finger. Next thing i know i heard a loud noise and noticed that my MAB was fliped upside down 180* on the table. I think i must have lifted the whole MBA front part. I check my screen for cracks or anything like that but everything looks ok. I can't believe that would happened to my two weeks old MBA...

i just want share this with you guys so it won't happen to you guys. Becareful when you open you MBA lid next time. I guess sometimes too light weight is not so good.

Macman45
Oct 8, 2011, 04:03 AM
Its such a light device, I'm really careful opening it up.....Glad you didn't damage yours.

I guess over time it will probably loosen up a little....Mine is only three weeks old so it is quite tight.

theDUB
Oct 8, 2011, 04:04 AM
I guess over time it will probably loosen up a little....Mine is only three weeks old so it is quite tight.

That's what she said.

marrzie
Oct 8, 2011, 04:07 AM
ok so i woke up this morning and want to check my email so i went to my desk where my MBA was (MBA was on my desk) and i tried to lift up the MBA lid with my index finger. Next thing i know i heard a loud noise and noticed that my MAB was fliped upside down 180* on the table. I think i must have lifted the whole MBA front part. I check my screen for cracks or anything like that but everything looks ok. I can't believe that would happened to my two weeks old MBA...

i just want share this with you guys so it won't happen to you guys. Becareful when you open you MBA lid next time. I guess sometimes too light weight is not so good.

You must work out a lot. Recommend me a forearms exercise?

Agnoslibertine
Oct 8, 2011, 04:09 AM
thanx for the advice!

ProFont
Oct 8, 2011, 09:04 AM
I thought that this would be a warning against holding it at the back while opening it. That can hurt like hell if you're not careful.

iTouch
Oct 8, 2011, 02:24 PM
Never had that happen before. But thanks for the advice.

bruleke
Oct 8, 2011, 02:30 PM

Thats really sad! Mainly because its not cheap!
How is it now? does it still open 180?

stark4
Oct 8, 2011, 04:12 PM
Thats really sad! Mainly because its not cheap!
How is it now? does it still open 180?

No by the way.. i didn't break the lid or anything like that.. the MBA lid was too tight that when i lift it up it must have lift up the whole MBA and the whole MBA flipped 180*

hkim1983
Oct 8, 2011, 11:25 PM
You must work out a lot. Recommend me a forearms exercise?

Hammer curls are good, you'll also hit the biceps that way at the same time.

DieterRams
Oct 10, 2011, 09:47 PM
Holy crap.. good thing I'm pretty careful, thanks for the warning and glad nothing happened

alphaod
Oct 11, 2011, 02:34 AM
It's not an Apple commercial: Use both hands when you open up the lid.

Chuchichan
Oct 11, 2011, 03:42 AM

No need to really report this. I think anyone who purchases an MBA knows how to open it. Just be careful next time. That's all I (and everyone else can say).

Your other option, buy a Dell. Maybe it'll open, maybe it won't. Maybe the lid will pop off. Who knows...

modit
Oct 12, 2011, 09:33 AM
that's what she said.

lmao!