PDA

View Full Version : Leaving apps on iPod touch after selling

Skream
Oct 8, 2011, 03:55 PM
Found someone to buy my 2nd gen iPod tough 32 gig today for $140. Buyer sounds like she's buying it for her kid to play with. Would there be any drawbacks from me leaving a bunch of games on there for her when I sell it?

Intell
Oct 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
She would not be able to update any of them and her iTunes would want to remove them.

Skream
Oct 8, 2011, 04:17 PM
but they would be there until she wanted to update the iPod right?

Intell
Oct 8, 2011, 04:24 PM
She wouldn't be able to update the apps on the iPod. The best thing would be to restore the iPod and unplug it right at iTunes says "The iPod will now restart, leave it plugged in" Then when it does restart, just turn it off and send it off to her.

Skream
Oct 8, 2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for all the help, doing it now

AdrianK
Oct 8, 2011, 05:00 PM
Never mind that fact that it's unethical...

BlizzardBolt
Oct 8, 2011, 05:15 PM
Never mind that fact that it's unethical...

How so?

It sure looks like a good deed to sell and include apps within the ipod touch.
If I was in the market for a used ipod touch, I would definetly prioritize ipod touches with apps rather than one with a blank slate.

TheSuperSteve
Oct 8, 2011, 05:30 PM
How so?

If I was in the market for a used ipod touch, I would definetly prioritize ipod touches with apps rather than one with a blank slate.

Pointless. As soon as you associate the used iPod touch with your iTunes account, all of the seller's apps will be removed.

Firestar
Oct 8, 2011, 05:45 PM
Pointless. As soon as you associate the used iPod touch with your iTunes account, all of the seller's apps will be removed.
No one ever said they had to sync it in the first place...

Dangerous Theory
Oct 8, 2011, 06:01 PM
That just gives it more of a 'used' feel. Most people would appreciate receiving something with a clean slate that they can start on.

AdrianK
Oct 8, 2011, 06:02 PM
How so?

Because the seller is including a copy of the application that they don't have the right to distribute.

They have the right to use the app on 5 of their devices; but if they sell the device with an application on they aren't transferring the license to use it, they're selling commercial software.

BiggAW
Oct 8, 2011, 08:14 PM
You need to wipe before selling. Luckily Apple makes this easy.