May 4, 2005, 02:55 PM
Link: Mac OS X Tiger waters iPod fertile jungle (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050504145559)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Sweet! Along with the rumored mac adverts - Apple could really push the boat out here...
May 4, 2005, 03:09 PM
Apple has a lot of things going for it right now, at least regarding the consumer market:
• The iPod is as hot as the sun, drawing people to the Apple brand
• Tiger has lots of cool new eye-catching features to show off
• Mac mini is a low cost entry for PC users
• new iMac G5 update is schweeeet!
• Longhorn is 18 months away maybe
• PC Consumers are getting tired of dealing with virii, malware, pop-ups, etc.
All they need to do to tap this rich market is promote the Mac (and get their laptop's competitive again). They could even get to 10% share by the time Longhorn releases, and that would be just grand for software development and hardware costs.