Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
Anyone else having problems with receiving shared calendar invites? I have people with iCloud accounts that try to share their calendars with me (view only or otherwise), and I get the email, but I never get the invite in the Calendars app (online or in iCal or on iOS devices) and when I click the link on the email it tells me the calendar is no longer shared, but clearly it is.

If you have this problem, did you find a fix?

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
Well I discovered the problem. You need to ensure that there's at least one "verified" email address associated with your iCloud account. This is done through the Apple ID website. If you previously registered your MobileMe name with another Apple ID (like I did with an Apple ID through GMail), then it's possible your @me.com account doesn't even have its own email address as a verified address.

I'll call Apple on Wednesday about this and see if they can at least fix the reflexive verification (presumably it should be easy/obvious to automatically verify the @me.com account with itself...).

Last edited:

raulpina

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
Problem send invites to Outlook Users

If I send an calendar invite from iCal to a PC user with Outlook it works fine, but doesn't sync with iCloud. If i create the event with iCloud Calendar it doesn't send to Outlook.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.