PDA

View Full Version : The Australian: "Finally, Apple's iTunes arrives"

MacBytes
May 4, 2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: The Australian: "Finally, Apple's iTunes arrives" (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050504161840)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
May 4, 2005, 03:19 PM
or "will arrive shortly" at least. I believe May 10 is the estimated date de-jour.

winmacguy
May 4, 2005, 03:44 PM
Sweet, next Thursday (NZ time!)

J-Squire
May 4, 2005, 05:46 PM
Talk about a misleading title. I saw the article in the macbytes column at the macrumors main page and got somewhat excited. I was sceptical, as there was no information on the macrumors site, but still - the title is pretty blunt in what it is saying - "iTunes Australia finally here".

Oh well, I can wait a little longer

rikers_mailbox
May 4, 2005, 06:06 PM
Talk about a misleading title. I saw the article in the macbytes column at the macrumors main page and got somewhat excited. I was sceptical, as there was no information on the macrumors site, but still - the title is pretty blunt in what it is saying - "iTunes Australia finally here".

Oh well, I can wait a little longer

Totally misleading. It's the Aussie's equivalent to Fox News. :D

OziMac
May 4, 2005, 06:26 PM
Totally misleading. It's the Aussie's equivalent to Fox News. :D

Damn straight - worthless 'journalism'.

And check out the dero kids in the photo ;)

thorshammer88
May 4, 2005, 07:10 PM
yeah, its about as worthless as the New York Times, LA times, NBC, ABC, and CBS and every other leftist so called news agency

Is it worthless because its not slanted leftist propaganda? :rolleyes:

J-Squire
May 4, 2005, 07:13 PM
And check out the dero kids in the photo ;)

Agreed - very dero. And what's with the lack of iPod standard headphones? Not a pretty sight.

OziMac
May 4, 2005, 08:01 PM
yeah, its about as worthless as the New York Times, LA times, NBC, ABC, and CBS and every other leftist so called news agency

Is it worthless because its not slanted leftist propaganda? :rolleyes:

I'll acknowledge it's off topic, but to call any of those agencies 'leftist' is very generous.

Editorialising 'news' is worthless - to the extent that media outlets do that, they all share that accolade. Fox News just happens to be the most blatant of them all.

aswitcher
May 4, 2005, 10:24 PM
Waiting waiting waiting... :rolleyes:

solvs
May 5, 2005, 12:00 AM
I'll acknowledge it's off topic, but to call any of those agencies 'leftist' is very generous.
It's ok, just appreciate the irony. To some people it's ok to be a shoddy journalist as long as you're telling people what they want to hear. But hey, iTunes Australia, coming soon! (probably) And to be fair, I pretty much don't like any journalist, nor politician.

Political forum in 3... 2... 1...

Trowaman
May 5, 2005, 03:32 AM

Editorialising 'news' is worthless - to the extent that media outlets do that, they all share that accolade. Fox News just happens to be the most blatant of them all.

I'm assuming that what you mean is when a reporter begins to express their own opinion and starts to tell you what is right and wrong instead of "this is what happened." The whole bias shill had not started until the last 10 years or so (mainstream) which is when cable news started to get huge as well. The original goal with cable news was to do more investigative journalism but the journalists got lazy and it has progressed to opinionated letter to the editor reporting.

Crossfire, Hardball, O'Reily: All 3 of these are reporters expressing their opinions with the news which means "they are hurting America." The general reading of the news is what is needed, facts are facts and those can't be spun but opinions on anything, even if you feel you are morally right, is a spin in itself (a "no spin zone" s impossible when you are ending with a talking points memo saying what you think about something)

Conclusion: The 3 evening news shows, so long as they continue to just report facts and not offer some guy saying what he thinks hardly qualifies a channel as leftist or righty. I like those that read the news and will occasionally add humor, for me that is Blitzer (CNN), Olbermann (MSNBC), and Stewart (Comedy Central). FOX unfortunately does not have a person like this, closest being Brit Hume who commentates anyways (see his outright lie claiming FDR wanted private accounts debunked by FDR's grandson who was head of the SS for a time)

That's my take on it, I know it means little but there ya go.

DJY
May 5, 2005, 03:50 AM
There seem to be a few papers and online articles at the moment predicting when we will get an Oz iTMS.

There is a link over at Appletalk forums (Aust) pointing to a very interesting and information article from Brisbane's Courier Mail which was one of the better articles I've read on the topic for some time.