PDA

View Full Version : About to but MBA

Usual
Oct 9, 2011, 07:42 AM
Dear friends,

Before I had posted new thread about to buy MBA or MBP.. My last decision is to buy MBA. The problems that might face:

* No ethernet - will buy an USB adaptor for it.
* Usage an ERP program which needs Windows - Will use parrallels.
* Office - Will use office for mac

But still I have problems..

* Microsoft Office Access - I do not want to use always Windows for Access. Is there any way to use Access in Lion?
* Question: I will use a LED monitor, is it possible to have 1920*1080 resolution output ?
* If I buy external mouse & keyboard (PC), does the right button click works in Lion?

These are the problems that I might face. Also, if I use the mac always without power, I mean with its battery, does the battery life decreases in two years?

Many thanks in advance for your usual support..

reputationZed
Oct 9, 2011, 09:01 AM
But still I have problems..

* Microsoft Office Access - I do not want to use always Windows for Access. Is there any way to use Access in Lion?

If your good with SQL you can import and export data into a MySQL or PosrgreSQL data base. Then again if you are that good with SQL you wouldn't be asking the question. Your only real option as far as I know is to run the Windows version in a VM or in Bootcamp. But if your already doing this with an ERP program why not do the same with Access.

* Question: I will use a LED monitor, is it possible to have 1920*1080 resolution output ?

Yes, the MBA will support a single 1920*1080 monitor. Depending on the monitors inputs you may need to buy an adapter

* If I buy external mouse & keyboard (PC), does the right button click works in Lion?
yes

Usual
Oct 9, 2011, 02:02 PM
Thank you so much :)

I am not so good in SQL, I do the things on Access. So, I think, Paralles will help me in this...

If the monitor has Analog in default, then will I get 1920*1080? Or do I need at least an HDMI or DVI?

nuckinfutz
Oct 9, 2011, 02:32 PM
Check out Filemaker for the DB. It's cross platform and has mobile (iOS) support.