Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mowgli21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
UK
Hi All

How do you change your primary iCloud address?

I am wanting to transfer from using my gmail account to my iCloud @me.com. But in my mac settings it says that my gmail ID is my primary account and won't allow me to sync bookmarks find my mac etc through my @me.com.

What does the sync my mail actually do? Does it copy your different email inboxes to the iCloud. E.g. so i would be able to use iCloud.com to view my emails from my gmail email and work email?

If not is there a way to add other inboxes / emails like you can on gmail?

Thanks guys :)

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
Apple really screwed up with the email setup for iCloud. Why is it so messed up? What's wrong with this company and internet services? They are so perfect at other things, until it gets to the "cloud".

I wanted to use my old (expired) me.com email address as the email address for my "new" iCloud account, and it wouldn't let me. I created some other email address for the time being, adding "ggg" in the end. And now I am stuck with this stupid email address for life. I can never, ever change it. It didn't occur to Apple that I might want a different email address.

And why can't I migrate my existing me.com account to iCloud? Sure, it's expired, but Find my iPhone was still active so it was a "usable" account. going to http://www.me.com/move, simply takes me to the find my iPhone screen, it wouldn't let me move anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.