Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I disabled resume when i first got my new MBA.

Now i wish to try it again as i would like all my desktops and programs to stay in tact and in the right place when i shut down my mac. Including keeping the tabs open in chrome / firefox and having 3rd party apps pinned to certain desktops.

It was my understanding that this is what resume was for? I've seen youtube videos showing this.

However, ticking the option back in general prefs it doesn't seem to be working. When shutting down i get the tick option to reopen windows after logging back in, it does re-open windows but places them on desktop 1 and none of the tabs remain. Even a quick safari test, if i close it from the x or quitting it from the menu, it keeps opening with a blank / homepage tab and not restoring.

The only thing i can think is that this is my second mba (first was faulty) and this has all of it's files and settings restored from time machine from the first mba. However, setting other general prefs does seem to change and work.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.