PDA

View Full Version : "Mobilesync" File on MBA

fleeper
Oct 9, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have used omnidisksweeper and I found a file called "Mobilesync" which has a file called "backup". It is 14.5GB in size. Is this file my iPhone and iPad backups? Or what? Is it safe to delete? I don't have tons of files on my Air; I use dropbox and iWork to store my files and I don't really have that many pics and videos stored on my Air so i have no clue what the this 14.5GB could be.

Thanks for all of your help.

henry72
Oct 9, 2011, 02:46 PM
You should keep it, otherwise you can't restore your backups from your laptop. If you delete it, it will back it up all over again next time when you Sync your iPhone or iPad.

The backups will include your apps data. Let's say you've an app that stores videos, those videos will goto backups because iTunes will backup all your data.

Hope this help :)

fleeper
Oct 9, 2011, 05:12 PM
You should keep it, otherwise you can't restore your backups from your laptop. If you delete it, it will back it up all over again next time when you Sync your iPhone or iPad.

The backups will include your apps data. Let's say you've an app that stores videos, those videos will goto backups because iTunes will backup all your data.

Hope this help :)

It does but I figured that since I back up to iCloud now I could boot it or load it off to another HD.
Thanks.

henry72
Oct 9, 2011, 06:11 PM
It does but I figured that since I back up to iCloud now I could boot it or load it off to another HD.
Thanks.

I don't get it because iCloud only have 5GB for free. Are you a developer? I can't access the iCloud at the moment (I'm not a developer). I think is always a good idea to have more than one backup unless the data on your iPhone and iPad is not very important to you. Cheers.