Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricFinalFlight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Hey Guys first of thanks for visting,I am sorry if i place this thread in the wrong section here is my issue.

I get the "are you sure you want to shut down your computer now" message
But i only get it when my macbook is in idle.

I have timed it and the message shows up exactly at 1 min and 5 or sometimes 30 seconds and if i dont move or touch my macbook it shuts down.

Now I know it is my Power button because i have windows 7 installed on my harddrive (BootCamp)
And when windows 7 is running macbook doesn't turn off.

however I did left it on overnight and it was still running this morning.

I did book a appointment for genius bar however its for next week because i have work.

Now what i am wondering/asking is there anyway of turning off the

"are you sure you want to shut down your computer now" message

or a command that stops the shutting down of my mac

or is there away to turn off the power button (meaning disabling it) for temporally until i can get the top of my keyboard replace Plz Help.

P.s Its a BlackMacBook C2D 2.4 Ghz the last black macbook before apple stop making them

See for you're self below

screenshot20111009at810.png

Last edited:

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Nope. Can't be done in any useful fashion.

???????

If all you want to do is not see that box then use shutdown from the Apple menu and hold down the alt key while selecting the "Shut Down" option and it will shutdown.

When you are in Windows 7 you should be using the Start button on the bottom tray and then selecting shut down from there - are you using the power button to shutdown the MacBook ?

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
That's not what he said. His power button is bad. He wants to disable his power button because the button is bad.

EricFinalFlight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Update.
Just got my macbook back yesterday
The topcase was replaced,Just in case if anyone else has the same issue or any keyboard type issue just take it in the repair will be
FREE IF YOU HAVE a SMALL CRACK ON YOU'RE KEYBOARD.

My macbook was out of warranty and they did fixed it for free because keyboard was chipped at the end.

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
the repair will be
FREE IF YOU HAVE a SMALL CRACK ON YOU'RE KEYBOARD.

My macbook was out of warranty and they did fixed it for free because keyboard was chipped at the end.

It has to be pre-unibody, and it has to be less than five years old. Also, spill damage isn't covered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.