PDA

View Full Version : Just bought new Nano the over the weekend.

mark081990
Oct 9, 2011, 08:05 PM
I want to put songs on my Macbook and then onto my new nano. However, I have a few questions - should I get time capsule? or a portable HD? I don't want my mac slowing down and want to put all of the many songs I want onto the HD or time capsule. anyone have any suggestions or ideas for a HD?

I dont want complications. I have a toshiba that worked for Windows and never worked for OS.

Labaguette
Oct 10, 2011, 06:49 PM
It really depends on your MacBook and your storage needs if you want to buy an external HD. As long as you are keeping 10% (or more) free on your internal HDD, no problems of badly slowing down should occur. Especially talking about the nano i don't see a need for much storage - hell, even an iPod classic that allows for 20,000 songs downloaded from iTunes takes up only 160GB of space. I have more than 450GB of music on my 750GB internal HD and don't experience any problems. My advice: if you are worrying about hard disk space for music on an iPod nano, grab one of these nowadays-super-cheap internal 2.5" disks like this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136835) and enjoy!

best regards

mark081990
Oct 11, 2011, 03:09 PM
It really depends on your MacBook and your storage needs if you want to buy an external HD. As long as you are keeping 10% (or more) free on your internal HDD, no problems of badly slowing down should occur. Especially talking about the nano i don't see a need for much storage - hell, even an iPod classic that allows for 20,000 songs downloaded from iTunes takes up only 160GB of space. I have more than 450GB of music on my 750GB internal HD and don't experience any problems. My advice: if you are worrying about hard disk space for music on an iPod nano, grab one of these nowadays-super-cheap internal 2.5" disks like this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136835) and enjoy!

best regards

thanks a bunch. that was very helpful. i appreciate it.