Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cypher

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
I have a 2g 20gb ipod and bought a 40gb photo ipod couple of months ago. I have about 18gb of music oin my old ipod and more than a 100 playlists on it. I dont have that music backed up on my HDD so i want to transfer the music and playlists to my new ipod. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
First off, I don't think I would rely on any single device to hold important files. So, if you mind re-ripping (or buying or otherwise) 18GB of music, I would keep a copy on your computer.

That said, your inquiry comes up probably at least once a week on this forum. Just go to versiontracker and search for iPod to find at least half a dozen programs that could help you accomplish what you propose.

cypher

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Yeah I already looked on Version Tracker but I wasn't quite sure which program would best suit my needs.

mj_1903

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2003
Sydney, Australia
cypher said:
I have a 2g 20gb ipod and bought a 40gb photo ipod couple of months ago. I have about 18gb of music oin my old ipod and more than a 100 playlists on it. I dont have that music backed up on my HDD so i want to transfer the music and playlists to my new ipod. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!

The best way is to mirror it all back into iTunes and then connect your new iPod.

There are many apps out there, we write one of them which you can find in the link below. If you have any problems with the process send us an e-mail and we will help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.