Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
I know this may be silly - but if I back up my ipad2 on itunes - can I safely delete apps from my ipad and add them back at a later time if I want? Thank you.

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
I know this may be silly - but if I back up my ipad2 on itunes - can I safely delete apps from my ipad and add them back at a later time if I want? Thank you.

Yes, you can. But make sure the apps are on the computer in iTunes. If not, then the worst thing that will happen is that you have to re-download the apps again.

Apple keeps a history of your purchased apps, so if something went wrong with your computer ... you can always go into the App Store on the iPad, go to History and re-download whatever apps you bought.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
Yes, you can. But make sure the apps are on the computer in iTunes. If not, then the worst thing that will happen is that you have to re-download the apps again.

Apple keeps a history of your purchased apps, so if something went wrong with your computer ... you can always go into the App Store on the iPad, go to History and re-download whatever apps you bought.

And you won't be charged again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.