Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devyhevy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Is anyone experiencing some REALLY BAD audio with their iPhone running iOS 5?

I've tried the first betas and I'm currently using the GM version and still my iPhone sounds like crap. Keep in mind that most my MP3 are in 320kbps and I listen to music with a Klipsch S4i.

When I was using the first iOS 5 beta I downgrade it back to the 4.3.3 version and it sounded really well which really confirmed to me that iOS 5 is really offering an awful sound experience.

Is it just me?
I read somewhere here in the blog that someone else also noticed the same issue however the thread died and apparently no one felt the same way.

Anyone experiencing these problems now?!
Thanks!

notme

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2003
same problem here in my iPhone, all my albums sounds super low, so i went to volume adjust in iTunes, and put volume up 100% for ALL my music, which normally doesn't change the wavelength of audio files, i sync and all my music sounds not as loud as it should be after a boost of 100%, and it sounds super dirty, not clean at all, like no quality mp3s!!!

i had itunes beta, i put today 10.5 final, and no change. Went to time machine and recovered all my mp3 in the version of 2 weeks ago, before I put the iOs 5 GM, and nothing.

My last hope is tomorrow to restore to iOS 5 final, not GM, even if they are the same and cross fingers.

Review; volume of iPhone right now super low and bad bad bad bad :(

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Did maybe one of the equalizer things get turned on in settings app?

devyhevy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Damn... that sucks. I had all my songs volume 80% higher than usual. Never used them in their regular volume. So I'm currently resyncing my iPhone with all my MP3s in their natural volume... let's see how that sounds.

Would it make any difference to switch to the FINAL version of iOS 5 istead of the GM? And by the way, how do I do that?

I don't believe I have done anything with equalizer presets and stuff... I have no idea why this is happening =/

notme

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2003
my EQ is off in iTunes and iPhone, the "sound check" thing is also off in both, if i put it on in the iphone it sounds even more low.

I tried everything, even deleting settings in the iphone. I don't know what more to do, my mp3 where also 80% boosted in itunes, and in the iphone my volume slider was never set by me louder than 80%, now i need to put it 100%, and even not enough in the metro. and if i rise the volume of my mp3 in itunes, they sound like crap, like if I was using a program like mp3GAIN.

I guess I will restore my iPhone later today when iOS 5 is released, to replace my iOS5 GM, even if it's normally the same version :S

Help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.