PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought a Wrapsol for my 4s

Eager Beaver
Oct 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
Just Bought a Wrapsol for my 4s from Wal-mart for $20.00
It covers front & back and has 6 strips for the top, bottom, sides.

Anyone use these before?
Any good or should I take it back?
Any tips, or suggestions?

thanks in advance - :)

sick z33
Oct 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
i did the wet application Wrapsol on mine and it was easy. I was given it as a replacement due to the Ultra (dry) version being extremely difficult to install.

However this was when they first released them back in 2010 when iPhone 4 was released.

Try it out and let us know how it works!

NanoXD
Oct 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
I've used it on 2 iPhone 4 a couple of months back and also bought one for my 4s and they worked wonderfully for me. My wife's did start peeling off very quickly but that was due to the way she handled it.

whatdoiknw
Oct 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
go into bathroom when you are going to apply the skin.

1. turn on hot shower, let the room kind of steam up. it will help knock down any large dust particles floating in the air
2. make sure you have a small bowl of water to dip your fingers in so that you don't get any finger prints on the skins.
3. carefully apply (if you can do it in one shot is the best)

make sure to keep your receipt, in case you need free warranty replacement from wrapsol.com (they are very good at this)

techdude6693
Oct 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
You do know you might not be able to use all the side pieces since the 4S vibrate switch is lower than the ATT iPhone 4?

whatdoiknw
Oct 11, 2011, 05:29 PM
You do know you might not be able to use all the side pieces since the 4S vibrate switch is lower than the ATT iPhone 4?

it's designed to fit both ATT and Verizon phones...so it'll work fine for the 4s since it's the same as the Verizon phone. well...as long as he bought version UPHAP004, which is the newer cut

Eager Beaver
Oct 11, 2011, 06:18 PM
I was thinking of a pair of latex surgical gloves to avoid finger prints?

it's designed to fit both ATT and Verizon phones...so it'll work fine for the 4s since it's the same as the Verizon phone. well...as long as he bought version UPHAP004, which is the newer cut

How can I tell what verion it is? (didn't see on the box)?

techdude6693
Oct 11, 2011, 09:04 PM
I was thinking of a pair of latex surgical gloves to avoid finger prints?

How can I tell what verion it is? (didn't see on the box)?

Well, even then the only piece that won't fit properly is the one that goes between the vibrate switch and volume up, so no big deal

Eager Beaver
Oct 11, 2011, 10:14 PM
Well, even then the only piece that won't fit properly is the one that goes between the vibrate switch and volume up, so no big deal

This stuff can be trimmed with a small scissor or an exacto knife if needed right?
(not made steel or nothing like that?)?

Miao Ying
Oct 14, 2011, 12:37 AM

I'd like to know how to identify this as well, there's no indicator of this part # that's obvious on the box I just picked up from Walmart eheh..

whatdoiknw
Oct 14, 2011, 09:23 AM
This stuff can be trimmed with a small scissor or an exacto knife if needed right?
(not made steel or nothing like that?)?

yes, you can.

I'd like to know how to identify this as well, there's no indicator of this part # that's obvious on the box I just picked up from Walmart eheh..

it's in white letters, if i remember correctly.

mbotwin
Oct 14, 2011, 02:43 PM
just got an email today from wrapsol, incase anyone else was thinking of buying one for the 4s..

http://www.wrapsolblog.com/img/101311_iphone4s7.png

whatdoiknw
Oct 14, 2011, 03:21 PM
if u didn't mind waiting, amazon has them on backorder for $15ish

http://www.amazon.com/Wrapsol-Scratch-Protection-iPhone-WS-UPHAP004

Eager Beaver
Oct 16, 2011, 10:04 PM
This wrapsol is kickass - I have used alot of film protectors, and this one is the best so far - Go into Wal-mart, spend the $20, and enjoy, (even covers the sides) -
My new 4s will stay "new" forever - :)

vong
Oct 16, 2011, 10:09 PM
Is the back still Matte looking?

Eager Beaver
Oct 17, 2011, 08:06 AM
Is the back still Matte looking?

No, it is crystal clear all the way around, no one really even knows it's there.
It comes with the long side strip for the non-sim model, as well as two short strips for the att/sim model -

I am extremely picky, but couldn't be happier -:)

whatdoiknw
Oct 17, 2011, 12:06 PM
This wrapsol is kickass - I have used alot of film protectors, and this one is the best so far - Go into Wal-mart, spend the $20, and enjoy, (even covers the sides) -
My new 4s will stay "new" forever - :)

glad to hear. I'm a wrapsol convert also after being a long time zagg user. Btw, wrapsol has great skins for macbooks also!

vong
Oct 17, 2011, 09:35 PM
No, it is crystal clear all the way around, no one really even knows it's there.
It comes with the long side strip for the non-sim model, as well as two short strips for the att/sim model -

I am extremely picky, but couldn't be happier -:)

Aw, I liked the matte back on iPhone, bummer!

Eager Beaver
Oct 18, 2011, 07:49 AM

I'm sure you can find some old stock somewhere, (if you actually wanted one) -
Is your new 4s bare, or do you have another case for it?

CiSach
Oct 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
bought one of these at walmart - put it on last night - I have a few bubbles and a line on the sticky side was there before I even put it on.... for the bubbles: we'll see if this 24-48 hour claim is true.... as for the line - I think it's just a defect and I'll have to have it replaced regardless of the bubbles....

Can you return this to walmart for an exchange or do I now have to go through Wrapsol for a replacement?

whatdoiknw
Oct 18, 2011, 09:45 AM
Can you return this to walmart for an exchange or do I now have to go through Wrapsol for a replacement?

depends on how friendly your walmart is. might be easier to try through wrapsol first and if not then walmart.

Eager Beaver
Oct 20, 2011, 08:05 AM

depends on how friendly your walmart is. might be easier to try through wrapsol first and if not then walmart.

Bring it directly back to walmart with your receipt, tell them it was missing the side pieces, they'll be happy to exchange it for you right away. Don't even deal with wrapsol until your walmart return date expires, (the return date is printed on your receipt) -

sick z33
Oct 20, 2011, 08:34 AM

Get the Ghost Armor if you want matte ;)

rockyroad55
Oct 20, 2011, 08:38 AM

Phantomskinz. That's where I go for matte covers.

Macguy76
Oct 20, 2011, 02:26 PM
I used the Wrapsol for my iPhone 4 last summer and I really didn't like how thick it was. After purchasing several of them, I stopped using them.

I now use SGP screens and they are easy to put on, very durable and they have several different ones for different needs.

I use the Ultra Crystal. It's completely clear and looks like you don't have a screen shield on your iPhone. My other favorite is the Ultra-Optics. It's like a fingerprint resistant screen that is very nice to look at. It's almost as nice as the ultra crystal!

Plus they start at $13.99 for 2 sets.

Eager Beaver
Oct 20, 2011, 04:47 PM
I used the Wrapsol for my iPhone 4 last summer and I really didn't like how thick it was. After purchasing several of them, I stopped using them.

I now use SGP screens and they are easy to put on, very durable and they have several different ones for different needs.

So how much thinner are they, and does the package come with back and side protection, (or just the front)?

Eager Beaver
Nov 22, 2011, 07:16 PM
WOW, it's been a couple months, and my wrapsol is kicking tail -
I very comfortable laying my phone down, and is still buffs up like new.
I would absolutely get another one, and will never use a pos invisibleshield again.

MrRon
Nov 23, 2011, 12:47 PM
WOW, it's been a couple months, and my wrapsol is kicking tail -
I very comfortable laying my phone down, and is still buffs up like new.
I would absolutely get another one, and will never use a pos invisibleshield again.

Sounds like its an invisible shield competitor.. I have used invisible shield before, but only a one time deal...

Does WRAPSOL basically provide the same thing but in a better way??

Eager Beaver
Nov 24, 2011, 07:44 PM
Sounds like its an invisible shield competitor.. I have used invisible shield before, but only a one time deal...

Does WRAPSOL basically provide the same thing but in a better way??

It's a way better materiel, covers the sides and top, (and while I'd never tried it), I watched a utube vid of them dopping it 3-4 times in a row from 6 ft.

I didn't wanna bulky case, wanted it to be able to easily slide it in and out of my pockets. If I took off the wrapsol rt now, my 4s would still look absolutely brand new, not a blemish on it -

Eager Beaver
Nov 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm already hearing lot's of peeps crying that they dropped and cracked their new iphones -

I have tried invisible shield on my previous iphones and was not impressed.
After 2 months with my wrapsol, I am very impressed.
I have not dropped it yet, but it's simply just a matter of time -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_dXTzEAmA