Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ma5ter5

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Outside
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting my desktop photo. I found a wallpaper in Safari, right click and select "Use Image as Desktop Picture", but nothing happens. Any ideas? I've been running into this problem for two months.

Thanks,

Steve

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You might try deleting:
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist​
Then log out and back in.

djcalanco

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
You might try deleting:
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist​
Then log out and back in.

This worked for me great, one thing though, by default in Lion the folder above is hidden so you won't be able to see, the easiest way to un hide without going into commands and stuff is downloading the application called "Lion Tweaks" you can google it,is a free application, once you install it there is and option that says "Show hidden files" click yes and you will be able to browse thru the folder.

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
This worked for me great, one thing though, by default in Lion the folder above is hidden so you won't be able to see, the easiest way to un hide without going into commands and stuff is downloading the application called "Lion Tweaks" you can google it,is a free application, once you install it there is and option that says "Show hidden files" click yes and you will be able to browse thru the folder.

Or just hold down the Option key as you click the Go menu and you'll have the option to go to the home Library.

ma5ter5

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Outside
Or just hold down the Option key as you click the Go menu and you'll have the option to go to the home Library.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to find that folder.

Perhaps as a follow up, after deleting the file, logging out and back in, and setting the desktop photo via Safari again, it only sets one of the two desktop backgrounds (desktop two remains the Apple default galaxy one). Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.