Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrTennisNinja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
I was just wondering if windows had to do anything with registry on the computer itself, drivers, applications, and the mac itself. I uninstalled the OS by removing the windows partition and restoring my disk to its original volume. I just wanted to know if the computer will slow down, run differently, or obtain any weird or extra/misc files that I need to remove or look at..

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Nope, the Mac half will still work as fast as it always has and does not need to be cleaned.

MrTennisNinja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
I don't get it. Why restore? Did you not setup bootcamp to have both partitions run seamlessly?

No I did I had it originally set up so I partitioned the hard drive to allow Windows to be installed. I must of confused you on restore. I removed the windows partition. That was what Boot camp allowed me to do. I didn't run the boot camp partition to run off of an external hard drive, instead boot camp partitioned my hard drive to allow a separate installation. I then decided I didn't want Windows 7 because of the fact that there were a bunch of updates that failed or didn't install correctly and because of the continuous restarts after certain updates. Driver installations were annoying for the Realteck sound to work correctly, even though I downloaded the latest boot camp drivers from the boot camp assistant to a blank disk. The sound wasn't all too great coming out of the windows operating system(which is why I downloaded the latest driver(or at least I think I did) Some things were just weird and the fact that I had to install an antivirus(Bitdefender trial for a start). So I went back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.