PDA

View Full Version : Click-To-Flash is horrible

Funkymonk
Oct 12, 2011, 12:23 AM
as soon as I got my MBA 13 2 weeks ago I installed click to flash and ad block on safari thinking it would make everything run smoother. this whole time all the videos from various sites (especially youtube) would be laggy as hell, both flash and html5. well today I uninstalled it and what do you know, everything works smooth as butter.

why is this extension so highly recommended by everyone? :confused:

spacepower7
Oct 12, 2011, 01:04 AM
as soon as I got my MBA 13 2 weeks ago I installed click to flash and ad block on safari thinking it would make everything run smoother. this whole time all the videos from various sites (especially youtube) would be laggy as hell, both flash and html5. well today I uninstalled it and what do you know, everything works smooth as butter.

why is this extension so highly recommended by everyone? :confused:

Because we set it up to block flash on alot of sites and put the sites we need flash on a whitelist.

Actually, alot of us don't install flash on our Macs. Google chrome has it built-in, so the rare times I need flash I use chrome.

Blame google for making YouTube horrible with click-to-flash, since they are making the world suffer with flash content. The reason they use flash is for in video pop up ads to make money. Business, ahhhh ;)

mrsir2009
Oct 12, 2011, 02:54 AM
So's Flash...

NutsNGum
Oct 12, 2011, 03:40 AM
So is two hours battery life.

dread
Oct 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
Click to flash makes my scrolling laggy. I still use it though because flash adds drive me nuts.

2IS
Oct 12, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hmm, I can't say I've experienced any of these issues. My video's in flash and html5 work just as well with or without Cllick 2 Flash. There is ONE website that I go to that does have laggy scrolling, I doubt it's a click 2 flash issue in my case as that's the only website I have problems with but I'm gonna try disabling it and visiting the site just to be sure.