Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
no one (except me) has posted a video....

Surely someone else has something they'd be willing to share.

Don't make me start a contest to get some more submissions ;)

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
PlaceofDis said:
if i had a camcorder i would post some work of mine ;) :rolleyes:

well, you really don't need a camcorder to create digital video - animation, flash, etc... motion graphics, you know?

D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'd post something, but it's 6 GB in size. I don't want to compress it since the quality will be lost and I'm not big on losing quality.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Mr. Anderson said:
well, you really don't need a camcorder to create digital video - animation, flash, etc... motion graphics, you know?

D

well hopefully this summer i will get around to making something along those lines......but i too would like to see what others have done

a contest may be necissary

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Lacero said:
I'd post something, but it's 6 GB in size. I don't want to compress it since the quality will be lost and I'm not big on losing quality.

Sounds like a cop-out to me. ;) Compress it in h.264 so that 95% of us can see it in HD slideshow format. :D

Lethal

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
jelloshotsrule said:

the golf ball video.....hmmm.....I remember something about that........

Cool stuff, though, and it really looks good shot in NYC - you have a link to the whole thing? And did you do it all yourself? How did you do the shot from above?

D

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i made this awesome ~30 sec video but for various reasons i won't post it...if i decide to anyone know where i can host it? is there like imageshack for video? i have a spydisk if that helps.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I'm still waiting for my Tiger before I upgrade to QT - and I'm not sure if I'm going to install it right away, since I'm going to want the pro key and consider it a total waste of money to buy one when I'll be getting the FCP Studio.

Where's a good place to get the plugin for the XviD codec?

D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Mr. Anderson said:
the golf ball video.....hmmm.....I remember something about that........

Cool stuff, though, and it really looks good shot in NYC - you have a link to the whole thing? And did you do it all yourself? How did you do the shot from above?

i only did the effects. it was for a student film that someone needed the golf ball (and later a big diamond) added bouncing around nyc. i don't have a link to the whole thing... not sure it's up anywhere. pretty funny film though.

check out the director's site at: http://www.treehouseflicks.com

i wish i could say i modeled the ball myself, but i didn't.. got it from a teacher of mine at the time. i wouldn't even know how to begin modeling a golf ball.. hah

so no, this had nothing to do with the original ball bouncing around alexandria with your dog chasing it. hah

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
jelloshotsrule said:
so no, this had nothing to do with the original ball bouncing around alexandria with your dog chasing it. hah

that's kind of funny that it was a similar idea - did you mention to them that you had thought of doing something like it yourself?

D

Jun 24, 2004
i got a video of the opening of the apple store regent st somewhere, i would post it, but i am not really bothered with the hassle of finding a place to host it.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Mr. Anderson said:
that's kind of funny that it was a similar idea - did you mention to them that you had thought of doing something like it yourself?

nah... i figured his was in the context of a *story* rather than merely being a test in animation ability. hah. but have you seen those ads (i forget what for) with a ball bouncing around (like a big red ball) on rooftops and stuff? it's not very well done and is a combination of the golf ball thing and the dog/ball idea... big red ball in a city setting.

anyhoo

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
jelloshotsrule said:
nah... i figured his was in the context of a *story* rather than merely being a test in animation ability. hah. but have you seen those ads (i forget what for) with a ball bouncing around (like a big red ball) on rooftops and stuff? it's not very well done and is a combination of the golf ball thing and the dog/ball idea... big red ball in a city setting.

anyhoo

I think its a basketball or dodgeball ball (is that right?) for a car commercial - Pontiac or Chrysler? But I agree, not that great. I'm going to have to think about doing the thing again, but I really liked the idea of doing it in DC. Indiana just doesn't have the background I envisioned for the project.

D

altair

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2002
Seattle, WA
My friends and i made one, sadly i dont get any time on the silver screen, and am left with a best boy credit :(

Hah,

Here

That shoudl just load the movie, if it doesnt, then go here and scroll all the way to the bottom and click on virus.exe (name of the movie)

Enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.