PDA

View Full Version : Mophie Juicepak for iPhone 4S

Wicked1
Oct 12, 2011, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know if the standard 1500mah JP works on an iPhone 4S? I am thinking of getting one only because with all the stuff in the 4S I can see battery life being a little worse especially on Enhanced 3G up to 14.2?

I know it is early but I am wondering if there is someone out there that has read something about this or if they are coming out with a whole new case/battery?

Mr D
Oct 13, 2011, 12:18 PM
I emailed them and this is the response I got...

Thank you for contacting mophie!

From all the details Apple has provided publicly about the dimensions of both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, we expect our product will fit perfectly. We have not, however, had a chance to test with an iPhone 4S as they are not shipping until 14 October.

Wicked1
Oct 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you for the info, but you would think that as a supplier of parts for the iPhone Apple would have let them know this or given them one to test?

I hope this is good news, I really will need one with work email, web, sms, etc I barely get a day out of my battery before charging it.

Thanks again for the post

Walter Bell
Oct 13, 2011, 01:19 PM
Thank you for the info, but you would think that as a supplier of parts for the iPhone Apple would have let them know this or given them one to test?

I hope this is good news, I really will need one with work email, web, sms, etc I barely get a day out of my battery before charging it.

Thanks again for the post

I will be getting a mophie juice pack plus in soon and I'll report back. Should be here soon.

tongsterrr
Oct 13, 2011, 07:34 PM
how do you guys like the morphie juicepak ?

efyou
Oct 13, 2011, 07:44 PM
I will be getting a mophie juice pack plus in soon and I'll report back. Should be here soon.

Looking forward to your report. :)

I need more juice! Even with my current Mophie I sometimes come close to running out of battery. I stream radio a lot and use the gps a lot, among all the other crap I do on the phone.

Kalaheo
Oct 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
If someone wants to bring me their 4s, I'll let you know. My 4s is still backordered, but my Mophie gets here tomorrow :(. Weird that AT&T handled the shipping of the Mophie no problem.

Walter Bell
Oct 13, 2011, 10:36 PM
I am currently using a regular mophie juicepack and I like it so far. It really doesn't provide enough charge for me on my iPhone as the iPhone battery is draining quickly now. However it does help a ton and I'm not always scrambling to find a charger.

Can't wait to get my juicepack plus in.

accessoriesguy
Oct 13, 2011, 10:58 PM

woo for taking one for the team!:D

cc2096
Oct 13, 2011, 11:10 PM
I asked the same question of Mophie and was given the same response. I did note that they market the Juice Pack Plus (the model I have) as suitable for both AT&T & Verizon. And as far as I know the design of the 4S is the same as the Verizon design, so in theory it should work no problem. We'll find out tomorrow, it's the first thing I'm checking after I open my phone since I'm leaving on a trip for the weekend. :D

metsjetsfan
Oct 14, 2011, 09:21 AM
confused as they say Juice pack air is compatible with all ip4 models before ip4s came out.(assuming this includes VZ)

LapsangSouchong
Oct 14, 2011, 09:59 AM
I just put my 4S in the mophie. It works fine. The mute button is not centered, but is accessible and useable. If you're buying one, I'd say wait to see if they make a new one, but if you have one, it works just fine.

metsjetsfan
Oct 14, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just put my 4S in the mophie. It works fine. The mute button is not centered, but is accessible and useable. If you're buying one, I'd say wait to see if they make a new one, but if you have one, it works just fine.

Is that the Juice pack air you're using? charging and everything working ok? And camera?

thanks for posting.

LapsangSouchong
Oct 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
Is that the Juice pack air you're using? charging and everything working ok? And camera?

thanks for posting.Juice pack Plus. Everything works.

One caveat: it was a bitch to take back off...

metsjetsfan
Oct 14, 2011, 06:16 PM
Juice pack Plus. Everything works.

thanks again. anyone try the juicepack air yet?

rapaleeman
Oct 14, 2011, 11:16 PM
Juice pack Plus. Everything works.

To make it easier to get off, rub the palm of your hand on the back of the glass before putting it in. The natural oils from your hands keep the glass from sticking to the inside of the case.

brand
Oct 14, 2011, 11:41 PM
you would think that as a supplier of parts for the iPhone Apple would have let them know this or given them one to test

Mophie is not a parts supplier for the iPhone. They are an accessory supplier for the iPhone. Its a big difference. Since when has Apple given accessory manufactures product specifications or test products prior to launching?

efyou
Oct 15, 2011, 03:33 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Anyone know how long after the 4 came out, that Mophie came out with their charger?

LapsangSouchong
Oct 15, 2011, 08:59 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Anyone know how long after the 4 came out, that Mophie came out with their charger?

Keeping in mind there are TWO mophies. The air and the plus. Neither is a perfect fit. But, I own one and so it's good enough for me.

----------

To make it easier to get off, rub the palm of your hand on the back of the glass before putting it in. The natural oils from your hands keep the glass from sticking to the inside of the case.
Ill give that a try. it seemed to be more sticking at the bottom.

trims
Oct 15, 2011, 02:58 PM
Mophie Juice Pack Plus fits my 4S. The buttons work. The mute button is not centred, but is accessible.

Makes the phone quite chunky, but a nicer shape - and longer battery life . . .

rapaleeman
Oct 15, 2011, 05:08 PM
If it is sticking at the bottom then before putting it in, slightly straighten the charge port on the case (lightly pull out on the entire port). It has a little play and that slight resistance pulling it down is what is keeping the phone stuck in the case.

Also around the edges, the glass on rubber sticks. I found that out the hard way when I cleaned the back using some iKlear and then stuck it in there. The solution caused massive friction and basically locked the phone into the case.

cc2096
Oct 16, 2011, 12:54 AM
So the one good thing about the Juice Pack Air and Plus is that the top part of the case is replaceable. Which means that when Mophie releases the updated top to officially support the 4S, we can just buy that piece instead of an entirely new case.

MastahRiz
Oct 16, 2011, 08:18 AM
I'm currently using a mophie juice pack plus and it works fine for the 4S. I have a protective cover on the back of phone itself so I find that my mute button is just barely touching the case when I flip it, but it still moves fine and I am definitely keeping the case. Full recommendation here.

LapsangSouchong
Oct 16, 2011, 09:15 AM
So the one good thing about the Juice Pack Air and Plus is that the top part of the case is replaceable. Which means that when Mophie releases the updated top to officially support the 4S, we can just buy that piece instead of an entirely new case.
Brilliant! I hadn't thought about that!

----------

If it is sticking at the bottom then before putting it in, slightly straighten the charge port on the case (lightly pull out on the entire port). It has a little play and that slight resistance pulling it down is what is keeping the phone stuck in the case.

Also around the edges, the glass on rubber sticks. I found that out the hard way when I cleaned the back using some iKlear and then stuck it in there. The solution caused massive friction and basically locked the phone into the case.Thanks. This is helpful. I have been using a mophie since the 3GS and had never had one get stuck before. Thanks for this information.

efyou
Oct 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
I was going to get a Mophie (I have one for the 3GS) but I started looking around and I ended up ordering a Boost Case.. very similar to Mophie but I think the Boost may be a slightly better buy right now. Very good customer service.

Here's the thread I started yesterday.. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1253885

studmule
Oct 17, 2011, 08:31 AM
I have the Juice Pack Air. I just got my 4S yesterday. It fits fine. The mute switch isn't centered in the opening for it, but it's totally accessable and works fine. It charges the 4S fine, and it syncs fine when plugged into my PC.

duck-fan
Oct 21, 2011, 09:55 PM
I have a Juice Pack Plus that works perfectly on my iPhone 4, but does NOT work on my 64GB 4S. Specifically, it fits sufficiently, and will allow connectivity through the requisite USB cable, but the phone will not respond to a charge (from the Mophie). I took it into ATT and they verified a Juice Pack out of the box behaved the same way, but were unwilling to break out a 64GB 4S for the definitive answer. Instead, they referred me to Apple after trying to sell me one to take (I didn't buy of course since I have one on my wife's 4, but thought it was a humorous attempt on their part).

My phone has been perfect since I got it except for this one glitch, and once when it was unresponsive to a power-on command and required me to put it in recovery mode to get it back.

Strange, indeed. I am hoping the next firmware will fix it, or perhaps an updated design of the juice pack. In the interest of full disclosure, I had a developer account and left the GM on the phone without applying the final release since the numbering didn't change. Seems doubtful re-applying the firmware would fix it, but who knows.

Living with it as-is for now.

sportingdad
Oct 22, 2011, 01:37 AM
never been able to workout why someone would buy Mophie juice packs, they have no power or very little 2000 mAh, when you can have :cool:11,000 mAh http://www.newtrent.com/Best-IPhone-IPad-Battery-Pack-p/imp1000.htm Is it because they look cool or something because as someone who does 7 day mountain hikes i've always maintained that have a fully charged phone is cooler than carrying two bricks-please can someone explain?

eyeseeyou
Oct 22, 2011, 07:12 AM
FYI

There is a new redesigned apple store edition mophie juice pack air case.

It's only available at the apple store. Looks nice. Still expensive.

Macguy76
Oct 22, 2011, 08:34 AM
I had ordered another juice pack Plus for my new iPhone 4S, from Mophie and it arrived yesterday. I also have a juice pack plus for my iPhone 4. Both my wife and I use them.

I'm happy to say that the new juice pack Plus fits the 4S perfectly! The buttons line up and it is easier to get the phone out of the case than the one for the iPhone 4 was!

That being said, my wife decided to get the juice pack Air for her white 4S and likes it because the redesigned case version sold at the apple store has a more top open design and is not as thick as the plus.

The Juice Pack Air retails for $79.95-1500mAh battery
The Juice Pack Plus retails for $99.95-2000mAh battery (Shock Resistant Case)

For $20 get the plus. I've loved mine for the 4 and I'm sure I'm gonna love the new one for the 4S!

duck-fan
Oct 22, 2011, 10:44 AM
never been able to workout why someone would buy Mophie juice packs, they have no power or very little 2000 mAh, when you can have :cool:11,000 mAh http://www.newtrent.com/Best-IPhone-IPad-Battery-Pack-p/imp1000.htm Is it because they look cool or something because as someone who does 7 day mountain hikes i've always maintained that have a fully charged phone is cooler than carrying two bricks-please can someone explain?

The obvious reason is integration - or, in the case of the newtrent product - the lack thereof. Sure,the mAh rating is undeniably awesome, but I'm not too keen on carrying yet another separate piece of hardware (even in a velvet bag) around with me everywhere to keep in close proximity to the iPhone - just in case. It should be noted the Mophie also doubles as a hardened case that serves well to protect the phone if it's dropped. And yes, the Mophie looks cool.

LapsangSouchong
Oct 22, 2011, 11:25 AM
Because it just works great. And it's easy. I don't ALWAYS use the mophie. In fact, I often carry it in my purse. If I need it, it's there. It's easy,works great, protects the phone. The device you posted looks interesting, but rather cumbersome for my needs. But, as always, I'm glad we have options.

Lawrence S
Oct 22, 2011, 04:32 PM
I wonder if Mophie has an excessive
existing Mophie Plus Inventory
situation and are waiting to reduce
current IPhone 4 plus cases before
Introducing a modified Case/Battery
for the 4s and If So how long before
They present the new product on their
Website or officially list existing product
as totally IPhone 4s Friendly.
Any thoughts or news out there?

techmanac
Oct 22, 2011, 04:50 PM
I have the mophie juice pack air and the iPhone 4s 64gig - not working
my friend has the newer juice pack air and the iPhone 4s 64gig - works

LapsangSouchong
Oct 22, 2011, 06:30 PM
I wonder if Mophie has an excessive
existing Mophie Plus Inventory
situation and are waiting to reduce
current IPhone 4 plus cases before
Introducing a modified Case/Battery
for the 4s and If So how long before
They present the new product on their
Website or officially list existing product
as totally IPhone 4s Friendly.
Any thoughts or news out there?I wouldn't think so. I'd think, since it's a two piece case, that they'd just tweak the top a bit, and sell what they've got with new tops. And sell replacement tops to the rest of us.

Lawrence S
Oct 22, 2011, 08:50 PM
Well if that's the "case" then Mophie would have already updated their website
by officially adding the 4s to the list of iPhone qualified products. They haven't
done so yet and if you call them they'll tell you that they are still testing, that it seems all right but they aren't finished and when they are they will update their site accordingly. Now either they have excess inventory or a new updated 4s version is still somewhere in the production process.
We'll soon see.

dqfayi
Oct 22, 2011, 09:29 PM
This must be a good news for me! I have searched for a special case for iPhone 4s for a long time. Thank u for ur info!:apple:

Nhwhazup
Oct 23, 2011, 04:53 AM
I know this thread is about the Mophie cases but I wanted to give a quick plug for the Phone Suit. I received mine this week and it is vey nice. For a battery case it is not too bulky and the build quality is super. I have the white 4GS and the white Phone Suit fits perfectly - no off set openings.

I can't speak for the battery recharge yet as I haven't really used it to the fullest. I guess I'll try that today and tomorrow. I should be able to get two days with the pack. All official reviews say that it lives up to it's claims of a full recharge with some juice to spare.

If I had to give it any negatives - I would say even though the case itself is rather nice and gives a good feel in the hand, it does give extra weight which I expected. On a regular day I can get by with a regular thin case but traveling is when I need the extra power especially when using the GPS.

Lawrence S
Nov 4, 2011, 09:16 PM
Brilliant! I hadn't thought about that!

----------

Thanks. This is helpful. I have been using a mophie since the 3GS and had never had one get stuck before. Thanks for this information.

Ok we have 3 IPhone s's & 3 Mophie Plus Juice Packs
Everything A OK. Phones mute button
a little close to the edge but it's FINE.
Everything works beautifully.
There is nothing else to say.

moptart
Nov 4, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'd be careful when ordering from PhoneSuit. The company does not answer the phone, instead you get a message stating to leave your name and number.

Also, their return policy is not state on their website. They really play "hard to get" when you have an issue.

I'd stick with a company who is responsive to your needs. Perhaps, since Morphie is sold in Apple stores it is a better option. Morphie's presence in Apple Stores, like Candy Shell, & Incase is probably an indicator of great customer service whether you buy their product in Apple's stores or directly from them.

I'm in the process of waiting for a credit for a PhoneSuit that I found to be to big for my hands. I've gota lot of run around before finally getting an RMA number. I'm just waiting to see if I get the full credit (barely touched the case & never put it on my phone).

Let the Buyer beware of PhoneSuit

Eric5964
Nov 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
Actually I had just the opposite experience with Phonesuit today. They answered my email right away, and sent me 2 additional top pieces at no charge. I have been quite pleased with mine and anyone who I have shown it to wanted one as well.

EricE

I'd be careful when ordering from PhoneSuit. The company does not answer the phone, instead you get a message stating to leave your name and number.

Also, their return policy is not state on their website. They really play "hard to get" when you have an issue.

I'd stick with a company who is responsive to your needs. Perhaps, since Morphie is sold in Apple stores it is a better option. Morphie's presence in Apple Stores, like Candy Shell, & Incase is probably an indicator of great customer service whether you buy their product in Apple's stores or directly from them.

I'm in the process of waiting for a credit for a PhoneSuit that I found to be to big for my hands. I've gota lot of run around before finally getting an RMA number. I'm just waiting to see if I get the full credit (barely touched the case & never put it on my phone).

Let the Buyer beware of PhoneSuit

hwnstyle21
Nov 11, 2011, 09:46 AM
Anyone else experience the majority of the top piece acting as the power/sleep button? From about the headphone opening to the mophie's "power/sleep" button acts like a giant button now.

vaugha
Nov 11, 2011, 10:09 AM
I've had a phonesuit elite for 4 and has been good so far. No major complaints except the bottom horizontal thin plastic of the top cap where it latches on to the bigger piece near the rear camera cutout broke off after it fell off my armrest whilst driving. Good thing they included a spare.

I also got a primo on the way. I've read amazon reviews defacing their cs so I am a little wary of their cs like some of you are, so I guess time will tell.