Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cold_Steel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Glouscestershire, UK
Hi all,

I know that the latest crop of powermacs the 2.0, 2.3 and 2.7 have just been released, but what is this about new models being released at the WWDC?

Should i not dive into a new dualie 2.7 because something new is coming?

Matt

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Cold_Steel said:
Hi all,

I know that the latest crop of powermacs the 2.0, 2.3 and 2.7 have just been released, but what is this about new models being released at the WWDC?

Should i not dive into a new dualie 2.7 because something new is coming?

Matt

If you need it now, then get it. I doubt we will see more updates. The portables and the Mac Mini are ahead of it for getting updates.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Hey these were immediate delivery updates, which wouldn't stop them from introducing a new architecture this summer -- which could take months to hit your desk.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Cold_Steel said:
So if i blew a shed load of cash of a dp 2.7 then t wouldnt be superceeded for at least a year or so?

Matt

Lets put it this way, the Dual 2.0 was released 2 years ago, and its still one of the recent models on Apple's lineup.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
tech4all said:
If you can wait, best thing to do might be to wait a month and see for sure.

Computer released 6 months ago: "Wait and see, they may release new ones soon"

Computer released 6 hours ago: "Wait and see, they may release new ones soon"

At this rate no one would ever buy a new computer.

Buy it !!! Something new is always comming!!!

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
I would wait a month for the WWDC... this is when most updates occur so if you dont need it, wait.

The ONLY machines that wont get updates are:

iMac G5
eMac

Cold_Steel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Glouscestershire, UK
yea i know, but a the end of the day I am only going to use the PowerMac for Office Work and Macromedia Studio MX with a little bit of Photoshop chucked in there. Nothing like 3d graphics and the such. Heck a dual 2.0Ghz would be more than enough for me, so I think going for a dual 2.7 setup should do me fine even if a dualcore comes out as im never gonna use all that power. I just end up using all my £££'s instead!

Matt

I hate it when decisions come to this...waiting on new tech...seems im always looking for new pewters at the wrong time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.