PDA

View Full Version : iCloud says I'm almost out of space

likemyorbs
Oct 12, 2011, 12:31 PM
I did my first icloud backup last night and it was only 1.6gb. But icloud says I only have 35mb left and I should buy more space. Why is this? I should have 3.4gb left.

thunderbunny
Oct 12, 2011, 12:47 PM
I did my first icloud backup last night and it was only 1.6gb. But icloud says I only have 35mb left and I should buy more space. Why is this? I should have 3.4gb left.

Go to Manage Storage in iCloud settings on your iWhatever and it will tell you what's using what.

Mal
Oct 12, 2011, 12:55 PM
Remember that Mail and Contacts/Calendar storage takes up space too.

jW

thunderbunny
Oct 12, 2011, 01:00 PM
Remember that Mail and Contacts/Calendar storage takes up space too.

jW

Contacts & calendars?

likemyorbs
Oct 12, 2011, 02:11 PM
The whole backup collectively was 1.6gb.

likemyorbs
Oct 12, 2011, 04:35 PM
Anyone? it's just not making sense to me.

thunderbunny
Oct 12, 2011, 10:30 PM
Very odd. Mine seems to more or less tally up. Maybe try resetting it - either remove the backup from Manage Storage, or I think if you turn iCloud backup off it gives you a choice to remove the old backups. Then turn on and try again.

likemyorbs
Oct 12, 2011, 10:49 PM
Very odd. Mine seems to more or less tally up. Maybe try resetting it - either remove the backup from Manage Storage, or I think if you turn iCloud backup off it gives you a choice to remove the old backups. Then turn on and try again.

Thanks, i solved the problem by just doing the backup a second time. Took about 2 hours, but fixed the storage issue.