PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Match not showing on iPad

fenderbass146
Oct 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
I got iTunes match working on both a windows computer and my mac, they work fine and I am able to redownload uploaded songs etc... however when I turn iCloud on on my iPad, it won't populate my library. I am running the current everything... Any suggestions...

Also sometimes when I open the music app, i see a cloud then it disappears and goes to "no music"

TheSauce05
Oct 12, 2011, 03:43 PM
I, too, am having similar issues. Subscribed to iTunes Match, it scanned my library and after some fiddling it allowed me to redownload my music. However, on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 it will not allow me to turn iTunes Match on. When I first try to turn it on it prompts me for my login credentials. Then the slider is on. If I back out of music settings and go back the slider is back to off. If I fiddle with it for a few moments eventually it will say that I am not currently subscribed to iTunes Match when I try to turn it on. The music app shows nothing. I've tried restoring and also scanning my library on iTunes again. Any help would be great.

Slash366
Oct 12, 2011, 05:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Having a few issues as well. Had beta ios5 and itunes match worked. Simce moving to 10.5.1 itunes my iphone shows itunes match as on but no music and won't read cloud library. My ipad doesn't even allow me the option of switching match on!

Razeus
Oct 12, 2011, 06:05 PM
iTunes Match isn't available until the end of the month I thought...

Shorties
Oct 12, 2011, 06:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Having a few issues as well. Had beta ios5 and itunes match worked. Simce moving to 10.5.1 itunes my iphone shows itunes match as on but no music and won't read cloud library. My ipad doesn't even allow me the option of switching match on!

It's working fine on my iPad which is on the GM, but ever since I upgraded from the last iOS 5 beta to the gold master yesterday on my iPhone, iTunes match won't populate my library, it says it's on, but nothing loads, I've fiddled with it a lot to no avail. It worked fine in the beta plus my iPad continues to work and download matched songs from the cloud.

Kurfer
Oct 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
I, too, am having similar issues. Subscribed to iTunes Match, it scanned my library and after some fiddling it allowed me to redownload my music. However, on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 it will not allow me to turn iTunes Match on. When I first try to turn it on it prompts me for my login credentials. Then the slider is on. If I back out of music settings and go back the slider is back to off. If I fiddle with it for a few moments eventually it will say that I am not currently subscribed to iTunes Match when I try to turn it on. The music app shows nothing. I've tried restoring and also scanning my library on iTunes again. Any help would be great.

How did you manage to subscribe when it's not out yet?

TheSauce05
Oct 12, 2011, 09:08 PM

I used iTunes 10.5.1. iTunes match is an option on the left side bar under the store.

Silverbird0000
Oct 13, 2011, 08:06 AM

It is out for developers.

----------

I got iTunes match working on both a windows computer and my mac, they work fine and I am able to redownload uploaded songs etc... however when I turn iCloud on on my iPad, it won't populate my library. I am running the current everything... Any suggestions...

Also sometimes when I open the music app, i see a cloud then it disappears and goes to "no music"

I am also having the same issue. iTunes Match works on my Mac, and it used to work (very buggy, but it did) on my iPhone and iPad while on Beta software. Now since being on the official build released yesterday, my iPhone and iPad won't populate the music list. It still shows the music that was synced to the device using iTunes and seems to not be accessing the iTunes Match list at all.

justinjl
Oct 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
been having the same issue today only... on ios5 GM & iTunes match has been working great both on my personal mac at home, iphone 4, ipad and most recently on my PC at work but today it will not populate on my iphone 4. Turned it off and on in my music settings and its just showing a spinning loading circle when i open the music app for hours like its trying to load something...

wurkshop
Oct 14, 2011, 12:26 PM
Anyone have a resolution? I am signed in to match on my Mac and everything loaded fine. Match is on and verified on the Mac but the iTunes Match slider will not show up on my iPhone 4 so I can not turn it on. I've tried syncing it a few times hoping it would show up, no avail. Everything I've read says it's supposed to be in Setting/Music. Any suggestions. I'm on the retail iOS 5, does that matter. It did not show on the gold master I was on either.

yanathin
Oct 14, 2011, 02:25 PM
The iTunes Match slider is showing up for me, but switching it on does nothing. I open up the Music app on my iPhone (iOS 5 GM) and the little iCloud progress bar appears then quickly goes away saying my library is empty. At first I thought Apple just wiped everything right when iOS 5 launched, but then I turned on iTunes Match on my MacBook Air and it shows my entire library and I'm able to download everything flawlessly. So it looks like this iTunes Match problem it isn't an iCloud or server issue, it's an iOS 5 GM issue. I have a feeling it's not on Apple's top priority list at the moment because the only people that have access to it at the moment are developers.

Senseotech
Oct 14, 2011, 09:36 PM
Add me to this one. My iPhone 4 and iPad 2 were working fine all the way up through the betas, on to the GM. Got my 4S today, restored it from my iPhone 4 back up, the Match toggle is there, but it doesn't work. I turn it on and get the same results as the others; cloud logo for a second, then the no music splash screen.

jmgregory1
Oct 15, 2011, 08:14 AM
Me too - thought I was going crazy and have done several reinstalls, but to no avail. There must be a bug - no iCloud connection for iTunes even though it looks like it should be working. I've even signed up and had iTunes Match working on my iP4, but the 4S just isn't making the connection.

corys00
Oct 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
Same thing here as well. Signed up for iTunes Match two nights ago, it went through the process on my computer just fine, however, cannot pull the music down to my iPhone 4.

Senseotech
Oct 15, 2011, 01:27 PM
Just turned off match on my iPad 2 that had been working fine with it, then turned it back on, and get nothing :( So I'm thinking its a cloud side problem, not a local device software issue.

zodiakp
Oct 15, 2011, 04:03 PM
I am having the same issue. Match is working fine on my Mac and iPad. On my iPad I can see an option to Match on and off but on my 4S I do not see any Option. I believe this issue is due to the Golden copy on my iPhone which I bought it today. help help help :(

DarwinOSX
Oct 15, 2011, 04:25 PM
I subscribed and paid for it and it is still working on my iPad but I don't even have the iTunes Match switch option on my iPhone 4s.
Apple said it was beta so until it is officially released at the end of the month we probably can't expect much. They also said libraries would be deleted at the end of the beta.
Most of you probably aren't in the official beta anyway you just downloaded 10.5.1 from somewhere so you can't expect much.

rogersabbag
Oct 15, 2011, 06:35 PM
My problem is that the music match button, that should be on the music preferences, does not appear for me. It works on both my mac's...

benore
Oct 15, 2011, 11:45 PM
It seems that iTunes Match doesn't work for anyone (myself included). Got the iPhone 4s and upgraded to iTunes 10.5.1 on the mac and pc, but no love when viewing my music on my phone. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

OneMike
Oct 16, 2011, 07:06 AM
good that I'm not the only one.

Chundles
Oct 16, 2011, 07:07 AM
Still in beta, bound to be bugs.

Senseotech
Oct 17, 2011, 08:38 AM
I subscribed and paid for it and it is still working on my iPad but I don't even have the iTunes Match switch option on my iPhone 4s.
Apple said it was beta so until it is officially released at the end of the month we probably can't expect much. They also said libraries would be deleted at the end of the beta.
Most of you probably aren't in the official beta anyway you just downloaded 10.5.1 from somewhere so you can't expect much.

Congrats on being "that guy." :rolleyes:

clifgriffin
Oct 17, 2011, 09:48 AM

I'm having the same problem. I am a developer.

And the release notes clearly instruct you to turn it on...suggesting that you can, well, turn it on.

I don't think anyone is being unreasonable.

Senseotech
Oct 17, 2011, 09:49 AM
I'm having the same problem. I am a developer.

And the release notes clearly instruct you to turn it on...suggesting that you can, well, turn it on.

I don't think anyone is being unreasonable.

Exactly, and most of us aren't complaining, just looking for a solution. Yes, we understand its beta and may be buggy, hence the lack of whining. But to come here, contribute nothing but talking down to those in the thread, he's just being snarky.

TexasTexan
Oct 17, 2011, 10:55 AM
Well I have the ability to turn it on in my iPad (even though I don't want to use it there) but not my iPod or my wife's iPod. I swore it was there before I installed the public release of 10.5 but I could easily be wrong because I wasn't using it at the time.

However, when matching songs it seems to stop on my computer at 15,088 songs even though there are 15,221, which since I can't get past step 2 which means that the ones not matched don't get uploaded to the cloud.

The songs that are matched do appear in iTunes on another laptop, except some are grayed out (assuming these are the non-matched and not uploaded ones)

I did check for any updates at the end of last week and didn't see any or any fix for the missing setting. I haven't devoted too much time to this. My primary goal was just to get everything into the cloud so my laptop wouldn't have to be on so Apple TV and any of the other laptops could get the music off my server.

Diode
Oct 18, 2011, 06:11 PM
Have the same issue on my iPad and iPhone.

Was working before but no longer.

mservidio
Oct 18, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ditto. It worked for me before installing the GM of iOS 5 on my iPhone. Now, none of my iTunes Match songs show on my iPhone.

alexcavallo
Oct 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
Hey guys first time poster but I was able to work around this and I just thought I'd share my experience. Surprisingly all I had to do was turn iTunes match OFF on my 4S and create a new playlist in iTunes with ALL of my music in it. I then just dragged the playlist to the 4S icon in iTunes and once the sync finished it started working again. Small caveat is that it did copy enough music in to my phone to fill it up, but I was able to "delete" it from the phone's internal storage and access it from iCloud later.

Hope my experience isn't just a fluke and it can help someone else out!

Senseotech
Oct 18, 2011, 11:51 PM
Strange turn of events. Match is no longer working on my secondary machine at all, it will attempt to load the iCloud library, then just stop with no error or indication if failed other than my empty library.

IanF0729
Oct 19, 2011, 05:54 AM
Another strange turn of events. iTunes Match is suddenly working on my new iPhone 4S.

I had been using iTunes Match on my iPhone 3GS and iPad 2, which I was backing up with iCloud. When I got the 4S, I restored from my 3GS iCloud backup, and, though I could see settings for iTunes Match, even enabling them did not do anything. The iPad 2 continued to work.

...until this morning.

I had been oscillating the on-off button sporadically, seeing if my iTunes Match library would download onto my device, and, lo and behold, it did this morning. When I launched the Music app on my iPhone, I saw the data indicator spinning in the menu bar and I just left my phone alone. Although I had seen the spinning data indicate before when launching the Music app, it was brief. This time it continued to spin, and my music library information slowly downloaded.

I know this is of little consolidation to those who do not even have the iTunes Match settings in their iOS devices, but for those who could not get their libraries to download, this could be good news.

The only thing that changed for me between last night and this morning was adding more music to iTunes, which prompted my iTunes Match library to update.

TexasTexan
Oct 19, 2011, 08:51 AM
Wow. I thought I would take a look for the missing setting in my iPod again this morning. It is now there!!! I am going to check my wife's iPod and see it it magically appears there too.

It does appear that it is downloading the info from the cloud since I have the spinning data icon that Ian mentioned. Crossing fingers.

----------

Also, Match in iTunes actually finished step 2 and is on step 3 and uploading the songs that weren't matched. It has never gotten past step 2.

I have 15,200 songs and it matched 89% which isn't too bad. Now I wonder if there is a way to see what wasn't matched.

Senseotech
Oct 19, 2011, 12:34 PM
Its working now on my 4S as well! Finally, I can fill up my new baby with TV and movies and still have my music a few taps away too :)

TheSauce05
Oct 19, 2011, 12:44 PM
Working on my iPhone 4 as of today as well. I actually made a purchase from iTunes on my phone and then went into settings and turned on iTunes Match just for giggles. This time a dialogue came from the bottom, which was new. Then I went to Music and the iCloud logo appeared with a progress bar that went full and back to empty and said my music library was empty. I backed out of Music, double tapped home and removed Music from the multitasking bar. Went back into Music and my iTunes Match library is there and what few songs I clicked on worked!

Senseotech
Oct 19, 2011, 12:46 PM
Working on my iPhone 4 as of today as well. I actually made a purchase from iTunes on my phone and then went into settings and turned on iTunes Match just for giggles. This time a dialogue came from the bottom, which was new. Then I went to Music and the iCloud logo appeared with a progress bar that went full and back to empty and said my music library was empty. I backed out of Music, double tapped home and removed Music from the multitasking bar. Went back into Music and my iTunes Match library is there and what few songs I clicked on worked!

I'm also noticing a few minor improvements from my experiences a week ago and before. When I enabled Match on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 a few weeks back, I was lucky to get a dozen album covers to show up in my 354 album library. Now, I'd guess about 80%+ are showing up from the cloud.

l3it3r
Oct 19, 2011, 08:32 PM
Finally! And just in time too... I just finished syncing my library and uploading my songs :) iTunes Match on my iPhone 4S is working great!

pfiedler
Nov 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 4S running IOS 5.0.1. Looks like somebody at Apple needs to check into this! :confused:

No problem with iTunes Match on my desktop or laptops. All seems to sync properly and works as advertised. Haven't tried my iPad yet but I'm not expecting success based on the comments I'm reading in the forum.

If anybody has found a solution (or an answer to what's happening), please post!

P

rhysadams
Dec 29, 2011, 06:02 AM
Make sure your iPad has the latest software, its enabled on your main itunes library.

Also written a blog on it here, hope it helps: http://www.rhysadams.co.uk/2011/12/how-to-enable-itunes-match-on-ios5-25552

tomvanzummeren
Feb 18, 2012, 07:14 AM
I was having the same issue on both iPad and iPhone. I flipped the switch for iTunes match, it asked me whether it was okay because it was gonna wipe all existing music from my iPad, I pressed "Enable".... and nothing happened. Music was not wiped and my iTunes Match music didn't show up.

But now it's working properly on both iPhone and iPad! What I did is I connected my iPad and iPhone (one at a time of course) to my Mac running iTunes. I made sure all sync options were disabled (so that it wouldn't replace photos, calendars etc) and then pressed the Sync button in iTunes. It was done in a couple of seconds and voila! All my iTunes Match music now properly shows up in my Music app on iPad and iPhone!

Nicolat
Feb 18, 2012, 09:32 AM
Did anyone find an answer to this problem? I have purchased iTunes Match but cannot access it on my iPad or MacAir - I get an error message that I have not purchased iTunes Match.