Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devyhevy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Has anyone noticed any difference in your Launchpad icons size since updated to the latest 10.7.2 version of Lion?

I just updated my OS and the icons on launchpad now look HUGE. They looked pretty small and had a lot of room around each other... no they look all cluttered and ugly :(

I'm running Lion on a 15" mid 2011 Macbook Pro and here's how it looks now. Too bad I didn't have a screenshot of how they looked previously...

And as far as I can tell there's no way to edit the icon size on launchpad or is there?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2011-10-12 às 15.37.24.jpg
    Captura de Tela 2011-10-12 às 15.37.24.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,386

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
same thing here. ugh. and it STILL doesn't remember where i've placed some of the apps..

would be nice to resize the icons somehow.
hoping someone knows a way...

devyhevy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
same thing here. ugh. and it STILL doesn't remember where i've placed some of the apps..

would be nice to resize the icons somehow.
hoping someone knows a way...

This SUCKS. Launchpad looked so neat before this update... damn you Apple! :confused:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
This SUCKS. Launchpad looked so neat before this update... damn you Apple! :confused:

really. my neighbor across the street just called; he says "i see you use Spotify too"...he's looking at the launchpad icons on my macbook.

(okay, i made that up. but they ARE that big...)

sebseb81

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2010
Yes, they are bigger for me as well.

Anyone have an issue with the Applications folder in the Dock now showing Apple programs as "App Store.app" or "Face Time.app?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Yes, they are bigger for me as well.

Anyone have an issue with the Applications folder in the Dock now showing Apple programs as "App Store.app" or "Face Time.app?

not a problem here. did u try removing the icon, and putting the app folder back in the dock?

bruleke

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2009
Guys, I am using Snow Leopard.
Just explain me that: Launchpad is nothing but an "applications" folder like the one there is in Snow Leopard/Leopard/Tiger etc...?

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Couldn't get myself to use Launchpad, but this looks a bit odd anyway...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Guys, I am using Snow Leopard.
Just explain me that: Launchpad is nothing but an "applications" folder like the one there is in Snow Leopard/Leopard/Tiger etc...?

launchpad is an application LAUNCHER that you bring up thru a key, or a swipe.
it shows you your apps, you click on one, it disappears and the app opens.

didn't expect to use it, and now i use it all the time...

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
But it still is a 5X8 matrix. So it's only a cosmetic change. IMHO you can find an App more quickly (especially on a 11/13" screen).

----------

Looks EXACTLY something like this?

Application+Menu.png

Except it's full screen, scrolls horizontally, has virtual folders, allows you to rearrange apps and uninstall App Store apps.

cms2

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Texas
You know, before I upgraded to Lion a few days ago I didn't expect to use Launchpad much. But I really, really like it. I've been using it a lot. It's really unfortunate that Apple made the icons so huge all of a sudden. Looked a lot cleaner before. Now all the apps are bunched together. Oh well. Apple giveth, Apple taketh away. Or at least Apple maketh ugly. :rolleyes:

devyhevy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Hopefully Apple will someday add the option to edit Launchpad's icon size...

Applefanatic46

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
I just updated, and I HATE the way the launchpad looks. I didn't love the launchpad to start with, and this is insult to injury. It makes it look like my grandparents computer. I really hope they give you the option to adjust the size of the icons soon.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
If you don't like Launchpad, don't use it. Believe it or not "Applications" is still available from the Go menu in Finder, or you can add Applications to a stack on your dock.

There's no need to disable it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.