Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dnkbro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
It's almost 2012 and we still don't have time-stamps for every text message. This is truly unacceptable. How hard is it to display a time-stamp underneath each message sent/received? Is there any way to get this without jail-breaking? I really don't want to resort to jail-breaking just for that and then not be able to update my iPhone via iTunes when new updates come out.

joelshooty

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
It's almost 2012 and we still don't have time-stamps for every text message. This is truly unacceptable. How hard is it to display a time-stamp underneath each message sent/received? Is there any way to get this without jail-breaking? I really don't want to resort to jail-breaking just for that and then not be able to update my iPhone via iTunes when new updates come out.

I was hoping that Apple would add the option to show timestamps for every message to iOS 5, but judging by your post it's still not possible.

As far as I know there is no solution without jailbreaking.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. At this point this "feature" is the only reason I jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.