Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlligatorBloodz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Trying to update iPhone 3GS to iOS5 = "Could not restore iPhone, internal error"
Trying to merge MobileMe account to iCloud = "Please Try Again Later. We are unable to move your account at this time"
Trying to update Apple TV 2 = "The update was not successful"

Anyone else getting any of these problems? I have tried restarting all devices. nothing is working...

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
With the first problem you need to Back Up your iPhone. Then click restore instead of Update. Once iOS 5 is installed then restore from your back up.

adityashah1989

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2008
A friend getting the same internal error message while updating his iPad. He's really frustrated. Solutions?

----------

With the first problem you need to Back Up your iPhone. Then click restore instead of Update. Once iOS 5 is installed then restore from your back up.

Getting the same error by that method as well.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Trying to update iPhone 3GS to iOS5 = "Could not restore iPhone, internal error"
Trying to merge MobileMe account to iCloud = "Please Try Again Later. We are unable to move your account at this time"
Trying to update Apple TV 2 = "The update was not successful"

Anyone else getting any of these problems? I have tried restarting all devices. nothing is working...

Bought a happy meal at McDonald's.. Extra Chicken Nugget! Today is my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.