Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Downloaded Ios5 & the new version of mac os today.
Took a picture, opened up iPhoto and still don't see the photos i've taken on my iPhone.

Anyone found out how to work this yet?

mixern

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
Beware of this service!
I've already took some wierd pictures, and now it's impossible to delete them :D

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Downloaded Ios5 & the new version of mac os today.
Took a picture, opened up iPhoto and still don't see the photos i've taken on my iPhone.

Anyone found out how to work this yet?

You have to update iPhoto to 9.2 and then go to Preferences in iPhoto and go to the Photo Stream tab and turn it on

----------

Beware of this service!
I've already took some wierd pictures, and now it's impossible to delete them :D

They'll get deleted in a month. Isn't that how it works? You can delete them from your devices though

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
You have to update iPhoto to 9.2 and then go to Preferences in iPhoto and go to the Photo Stream tab and turn it on

----------

They'll get deleted in a month. Isn't that how it works? You can delete them from your devices though
I tried pressing "check for updates" and it said "This version of iPhoto (9.1.5) is the current version."

hmmm idk maybe ill restart my computer and try again...or maybe because i have the un official version of iPhoto 11 lol.

blunti

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
photostream under your icloud settings has to be enabled.

if you toggle the switch to off, photos from the cloud will automatically delete.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I tried pressing "check for updates" and it said "This version of iPhoto (9.1.5) is the current version."

hmmm idk maybe ill restart my computer and try again...or maybe because i have the un official version of iPhoto 11 lol.

When I checked for updates in iPhoto I got that too but in software updates it showed up

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Beware of this service!

You can reset the photostream via iCloud.com and clicking on your name in top corner after logging in and then go to advanced

----------

I believe photostream stores the images till you reach 1000 photo mark then as and when you start taking more pics the older ones get deleted... from what I remember Steve saying when he introduced photostream.... i may be wrong but I remember hearing somethign about 1000 photo limit

Schmitty11

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2011
Photo stream is odd, imo. It takes a while for them to appear in iPhoto after taken, it's not an immediate thing. You can save your best ones to your photo reel permanently and the rest are deleted after 30 days, or once you reach 1000. (Correct me if I'm wrong there.) Which I dont like, I took a few random ones just to try the feature out, and now I'm stuck with them.

Nioxic

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2011
Denmark
the pictures shows up on my mba after ive taken them on my iphone..

i set fotostream ON on all devices ofcourse and got the new iphoto update off the mac app store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.