Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
UK
For example I get an email, pops up on lock screen, I unlock the phone but dont read the email, the email disappears from the lock screen. Is there anyway to keep the notification on the lock screen?

Also, the screen lights up even when I get mail. Anyway to make it only do that when it's a message and not mail?

Thanks.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I was wondering the same thing about keeping notifications on the lockscreen.

Also, calender events.. do they only show up on the day of the event? I had hoped there was an option to show events up to one week in advance so when you check your notifications, you can see what is coming up in the next couple of days..

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
No way to get them back once you unlock. They will still exist in the notifications pull down window shade thing until you have read them.

For calendars you can have it show you up to 10 upcoming items I believe and those are always shown in the notifications center pull down. To increase the number shown go into settings and select notifications, select calendar, then select Show and change that number. I guess the max is 10.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.