Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godzilla1200

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
So I have a me.com account. I tried to login with that account but mail didn't work (could not send or receive messages). Then I proceeded to create a new me.com account, which after finishing setting up, it worked in Mail, but could not receive messages (from gmail.com). It said "Delivery Notification Failure.

So then, I deleted the new me.com account, and tried to setup my original account, but still didn't work. Since the new account worked, I setup that account again and now it doesn't work either!

When I try to send an email, a message pop up saying that it couldn't connect to server. And I cannot receive messages either when sending them from a gmail account.

I go to Account settings, but it doesn't let me change anything. I can just change username and password. Nothing else.

What happened to "Just works" from Apple. Since Lion NOTHING "Just Works" :(

Des anybody knows how to fix it. I would really appreciate it. Please!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-12 at 4.26.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-12 at 4.26.56 PM.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

godzilla1200

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
Someone please help?. I am now able to receive emails, but now I cannot send them. I get the message from the attached picture. Is anybody having the same issue?

Please help!:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.