Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allmanbrother

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
United States
No, I backed it up. When my iPad FINALLY came alive, that back up seemed to have just disappeared from iTunes through all of the nightmare. I mean that I didn't transfer those photos to iPhoto, which was my fault.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
my update failed the first time, did a restore completely and am now rebooting as we speak..should be done!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
No, I backed it up. When my iPad FINALLY came alive, that back up seemed to have just disappeared from iTunes through all of the nightmare. I mean that I didn't transfer those photos to iPhoto, which was my fault.

You said in your OP that you did not back up.

I backed up, had issues but had a backup so I'm fully restored.

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
By backup, I also meant transferring your photos. If they were that important that you're upset you lost them, shouldn't you have sync'd with iPhoto as soon as possible?

I've never seen a backup disappear from iTunes. Odd.

allmanbrother

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
United States
Still stuck in DFU loop.

----------

To clarify, I DID backup through iTunes. Disregard the photos, I took plenty on my phone so it's not a concern to me anymore.

macinhand

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Cheshire, UK

Exactly the same! before updating iTunes automatically backs up! now my iPad says it can't be restored due to an internal error!

it is stuck on the screen saying connect to iTunes! when i do its then says the iPad is in recovery mode! and then it starts a vicious circle and won't restore??

Forgot to say i updated my iPhone 4 without any problems ?

dionnfr

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2009
Lewiston, New York
Exactly the same! before updating iTunes automatically backs up! now my iPad says it can't be restored due to an internal error!

it is stuck on the screen saying connect to iTunes! when i do its then says the iPad is in recovery mode! and then it starts a vicious circle and won't restore??

Forgot to say i updated my iPhone 4 without any problems ?

Kepp hitting restore it will finally go through it took me 2 hours but it worked.

Spacecake123

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2011
I use an app for my buses, its like a mobile ticket thing, I spend 45 pound on a monthly saver and did this just days ago, I update iPhone and reinstall app, when I boot the app it just freezes, that's pissed me off - ive just contacted the people who make the app so hopefully they get back to me and sort something out for me I aint losing out on money.

Facebook also didn't work at first, but now does. The app is arriva m-ticket, any of the UK guys on here use it and have any suggestions (people outside the UK probably can't help).

Sorry to interrupt thread, figured its better than making a new thread when its likely the people who made the app that are at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.