PDA

View Full Version : Bookmarks/Contacts Not Syncing on iPad after iOS 5

jeb2u
Oct 12, 2011, 06:43 PM
My bookmarks and contacts are not syncing (i.e. they never re-loaded after a restore) on my iPad 2 after upgrading to iOS 5. They synced fine on my iPhone 4 after the iOS 5 upgrade. I'm still using MobileMe for syncing. Anyone else having the same issues?

f00f
Oct 12, 2011, 06:55 PM
Yep.

My problems are specifically with my ip4 and a handful of SL machines. iCal changes do eventually sync but contact and bookmark changes haven't been no matter what I do.

mrples
Nov 24, 2011, 09:09 AM
same here.
- ios 5.0.1 didn't help.
- signing out of icloud on all devices and waiting overnight didn't help.
- restore of my i-devices didn't help.

i'm getting the impression that icloud is at least as useless as mobile me was. :mad:

MadeTheSwitch
Dec 3, 2011, 02:36 AM
The impression I have gotten is that these iCloud syncs of data only occur if you are running Lion. Is that correct?

I'm still on Snow Leopard and since I upgraded my iPad 1 to iOS 5 my contacts have ceased to sync. Not only over the cloud, but even directly with a cable I can no longer sync my contacts. Something that I saw no warning of beforehand. And that's my issue. While I think that iCloud services should be available to at least 2 generations back, my real issue is that I have stumbled into this problem with no warning and seemingly no remedy either. Perhaps upgrading to Lion would resolve, but I am not sure if it would or not and I like the stability of Snow Leopard that I enjoy right now. I don't want to change that.

But I do need my contacts to sync. I'm not even sure if the iPad itself is even backing up anymore. It says it is backing up to iCloud, but how do I know that it actually is or what actual data is even being stored in Apple's servers? I need some answers and resolution to this. It seems that the introduction of iCloud has made things much worse for me, not better at all.

Any ideas? Anyone?