Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karterius

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2005
I have an old @me account that I haven't reupped for in years. I decided to try to reactivate it for iCloud... I sign into iCloud, it then refers me to move my stuff over to mobileme.

icloud1l.jpg

I follow the link but then mobile me gives me an error when I try to sign into mobileme:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

icloud2.jpg

Any advice? I'd like to keep this account.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
You can't use the me.com website at this moment, it'll keep giving you that error.

However, you can use Lion 10.7.2 or iOS 5. Simply enter your disabled you@me.com with the correct password, and it'll be converted to iCloud automatically. After that you can also log in on icloud.com.

Edit: one more gotcha. To use Mail again, after you've enabled Mail in Lion or iOS for this iCloud account, go to the me.com website. Log in (that will work now) and it'll show you a link to iCloud.com. If you only log in to icloud.com, it'll keep telling you you need to create an email address.

Last edited:

orijinal

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
You can't use the me.com website at this moment, it'll keep giving you that error.

However, you can use Lion 10.7.2 or iOS 5. Simply enter your disabled you@me.com with the correct password, and it'll be converted to iCloud automatically. After that you can also log in on icloud.com.

Edit: one more gotcha. To use Mail again, after you've enabled Mail in Lion or iOS for this iCloud account, go to the me.com website. Log in (that will work now) and it'll show you a link to iCloud.com. If you only log in to icloud.com, it'll keep telling you you need to create an email address.

I tried and it says the account is migrated over, however it keeps telling me that "@me.com Address Needed, To use iCloud Mail, create an @me.com email address by turning on Mail in your iCloud settings using iOS or OS X." ???

jlfarias

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Same problem here

I have the same issue. Can not complete the MOVE process, it takes me to the Find page...

Everytime I go to http://www.me.com/move it takes me to http://www.me.com/find#

Also, signing in with iCloud using my old @me id (or email) will not set up email, the process starts and it keeps spinning but nothing happens....

Please, should anyone have a clue pls share.....

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Did you happen to have an @mac.com account when Apple transitioned to MobileMe? I ask because I am having this extremely irritating problem still, although it appears to have resolved itself for a number of people. My suspicion is that those of us who had active accounts during the transition and received both @mac.com and @me.com addresses but kept both the Apple ID and main email as @mac.com are the ones still having trouble. Of course, iCloud isn't going to ask to register the @me.com address since it's already registered, but it's not going to activate the @me.com address because the apple ID is @mac.com.

Just a theory...

BobbyBearCSRA

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
Did you happen to have an @mac.com account when Apple transitioned to MobileMe? I ask because I am having this extremely irritating problem still, although it appears to have resolved itself for a number of people. My suspicion is that those of us who had active accounts during the transition and received both @mac.com and @me.com addresses but kept both the Apple ID and main email as @mac.com are the ones still having trouble. Of course, iCloud isn't going to ask to register the @me.com address since it's already registered, but it's not going to activate the @me.com address because the apple ID is @mac.com.

Just a theory...

I'm having the same problem except I let MobileMe lapse last year. My apple ID is XXX@mac.com. Can't get mail set up because of a conflict with XXX@mac.com & XXX@me.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.