Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolarJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Mount Pleasant, SC
I have successfully installed iOS 5 and 10.7.2 on my iMac, MBP, iPad 1, and iPhone 4. I have made the switch on all machines to iCloud with my main @me account.

Here's the problem:

I also use another @me account for a business related emails. I use for no other reason or purpose than email, I do not need syncs or backups of any kind with said @me account. I am having trouble switching this account to iCloud, and am receiving an error at the end of the switch process. Is it possible to have multiple iCloud accounts on multiple machine to use for the purpose of email only?

J

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
I made a few extra me.com addresses for email and iMessage only. None of the other cloud stuff.

I had some trouble converting my me.com to iCloud. I did receive an error message at the end a couple of times. It would then send me back to mobile me and basically tell me to try again later. I assume it was just server overload. It took a couple of other tries but it did eventually work.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
I made a few extra me.com addresses for email and iMessage only. None of the other cloud stuff.

I had some trouble converting my me.com to iCloud. I did receive an error message at the end a couple of times. It would then send me back to mobile me and basically tell me to try again later. I assume it was just server overload. It took a couple of other tries but it did eventually work.

How do you create @me email account?

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
I believe iCloud has the ability to make "alias" @me addresses so that you can send emails from multiple addresses from a central account.

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
How do you create @me email account?

When I was setting up the cloud, I just kept going to the sign in screen and clicking "create me.com address". I guess they are really part of iCloud, but i disabled all of the "other" things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.