Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
I know it will take a while to download but it seems like it would be a good idea to download only ios5 now, then in the next few days install it so you don't get the 3002 error that people are getting today. agreed or will this not change the errors?

DVDxR

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
You should be able to download it fine. The errors seem to come after it downloads and starts to do the restore.

That said, I think the errors are starting to go away for people. I just got both of my devices through on the first go (tried earlier like 30 times with no luck).

Either way, it will only do the download once so once you have it you at least won't have to download it again if you do get an error.

Helmsy67

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
I know it will take a while to download but it seems like it would be a good idea to download only ios5 now, then in the next few days install it so you don't get the 3002 error that people are getting today. agreed or will this not change the errors?

That is what I'm doing. I downloaded earlier today and I'm waiting until tomorrow to install it. I don't know if it will help but oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.