PDA

View Full Version : Unable to move mail from MobileMe to iCloud

keithos27
Oct 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
Transfer of mail failed. Told me to continue using MobileMe and try again in a few hours???

Anyone else experiencing this? How do I proceed?

James Bond
Oct 12, 2011, 10:00 PM
Transfer of mail failed. Told me to continue using MobileMe and try again in a few hours???

this?

Due to high demand, we are unable to move your account at this time. You can continue to use MobileMe

I got the same message.

bcaslis
Oct 12, 2011, 10:02 PM

I got the exact same thing! Can't do anything now. It just immediately goes to this error message.

SayCheese
Oct 12, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yep, got the same message.
Guess we just got to wait.

Penguinwrangler
Oct 12, 2011, 10:05 PM
Due to high demand, we are temporarily limiting the number of users moving from MobileMe to iCloud. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

So I guess we wait.

gibbz
Oct 12, 2011, 10:07 PM
I was getting the same message when transferring my wife's account. I kept trying and had success after a few tries.

keithos27
Oct 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
Okay I will keep trying...

I was worried because my mail account is quite large (my sent items has 20K+ messages for example). I hope nothing gets messed up!!!

DotCom2
Oct 12, 2011, 11:26 PM
There is a message on the Apple site somewhere of which I can't find now that said that because of the huge demand they are limiting the number of conversions of MM to iCloud and it says to try again later. If you value your data at all I would say it's better to just wait a day or two and try again then. I give up trying and I surely don't want my valuable data to get corupted. :eek:

keithos27
Oct 13, 2011, 05:30 AM
FYI just tried again and it wen through in under a minute. :)