Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
My work email is my real appleID. I had a me account that I used for email forwarding, calendar, address book.
I tried having 2 for about 30 minutes today and hated it. So I let iCloud set up a new one for me (thank God it's not horrible) and then I migrated everything off the old one to the new one. Took a few hours, but the mail app on my laptop helped.

So now I have an appleID with a me.com email address inside of it.

jdguggs10

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
Boston
how are you reconciling all of your previous purchases or will you use the old ID for handling those App updates?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Every single purchase (thank God) was under my work email aka my "real" appleID. I just set up the me.com address a year or so ago when I got fed up with google.
I never actually used the address.

My only remaining question is how to convince the new iCloud mail app to let me use my work email as the reply to/from address like mobileME allowed. Cant quite figure it out.

jdguggs10

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
Boston
Yea there are definitely a lot of unresolved issues here... I suppose that is what we get for being the first movers. Still, it is disappointing when my mail app starts bouncing for no apparent reason...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.