Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Portal83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
iTunes in the cloud became available in Canada today and I've been testing out some stuff and found some anomalies. There's some things in my library that I bought from iTunes that weren't listed as downloadable and many of the things that say there's 1 or more available have no downloads available when I click on the artist. I decided to check it out by re-purchasing one of the albums and it still didn't become available from the cloud.

Is this a bug in iCloud not recognizing some of your purchases or is it a result of some content providers not signing up for the service? Either way, I don't feel confident deleting rarely listened to songs because it appears all music (even if bought from iTunes today) is not re-downloadable.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Same issue here. There's one album that I'm aware of that's missing, but who knows what else isn't there? It's hard to know what's missing until you explicitly look for it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.