PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Me to iCloud Transition Trouble

mikejclarke
Oct 13, 2011, 06:34 AM
I have a .mac account that automatically got a .me email address when Mobile Me was introduced.

My .mac/.me account expired before iCloud was announced earlier this year. At that point I didn't see the point in paying for Mobile Me if iCloud was going to be free so I made do with just using my Gmail account.

Now iCloud has launched I can't seam to use my old .mac/.me addresses. When I sign in it prompts me to set up a new email address. If I put in my old one(s) then it says that they already belong to another account.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

dhy8386
Oct 13, 2011, 07:04 AM
I have a .mac account that automatically got a .me email address when Mobile Me was introduced.

My .mac/.me account expired before iCloud was announced earlier this year. At that point I didn't see the point in paying for Mobile Me if iCloud was going to be free so I made do with just using my Gmail account.

Now iCloud has launched I can't seam to use my old .mac/.me addresses. When I sign in it prompts me to set up a new email address. If I put in my old one(s) then it says that they already belong to another account.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Apple was allowing expired MM addresses to "come back" check their website and iCloud support docs. I saw it in there.

EDIT: Here you go.

I have an expired @me.com email address as an Apple ID. Can I use it with iCloud and receive email at that address?
Yes, if it is an @me.com address. To use your expired MobileMe account for iCloud, follow the iCloud setup instructions and enter your expired @me.com email address as your Apple ID. Your @me.com address it will be reactivated for email when you sign up for iCloud.

Important: You will need an active email address associated with your Apple ID to set up iCloud. To add an active email address, go to appleid.apple.com, sign in with your expired @me.com email address, and add an active email address to your account.