Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdub1974

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
After updating to iOS5 and re-syncing everything now many of my songs will not play. The music app just freezes on the song. I can navigate forward and backwards in a playlist, but it simply will not play many of my songs. Anyone else having this issue?

willers67

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Music App / Headphone problems

Went out for a run yesterday used headphones to control music volume no problem.
Upgraded to ios5 this morning, music app freezes regulary, pauses then plays the track really fast to catch up - then stops. Reset / turned off / on etc .
Using volume control on headphones just activated voice control or switched to the next track and froze. Voice control kept cutting in on Runkeeper app throughout even though phone was locked.

Early days I guess should have waited to upgrade until all the bugs had been sorted.

Ruined my run.

soshibo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
i'm having the same problem on a non-jailbroken iphone 4 and ipad 2. it's really annoying and any guidance would be appreciated!

mark73

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Its very odd

I have sorted my phone (3gs) and no problems playing music (so far) just getting the music and then artwork back onto my phone was a pain in the back side

Tapdawg

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
It will play purchased music perfectly fine, but anything not purchased on the apple store will not play on my phone.

linoox

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
It will play purchased music perfectly fine, but anything not purchased on the apple store will not play on my phone.

This.
I have the same problem now for a few days. The only things I can listen to are podcasts and songs purchased via iTunes. But there a few more bugs I run into everyday with the new Music app.

- Selecting an item in the list view, the app first correctly switches to the selected item, but then swipes back left to the list view without playing the item. Trying it a second time usually solves the issue.

- Selecting a song (not purchased through iTunes) in a playlist, the Music app switches to the right displaying the song, but instead of playing the song it skips two or three songs forward in the playlist without playing anything.

I tried to resolve this annoying bug with switching the iPhone completely off and restarting it, syncing via USB cable and erasing the music library on my iPhone, etc. but nothing seems to work!
I cannot believe Apple shipped this OS without testing this Music app more.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
UK
I have a similar issue on my 3GS on IOS5.

The song will start playing, then seem to skip/scratch like a vinyl (remember those!). If i move the player to before the "scratch" and let it play again, then no "scratch".

Definitely a problem since IOS5

I'm also suffering battery issues, it is draining to 0% after a day on standby.

Come on Apple, this is not great.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Strange I have no problems at all on my 3GS. Only thing that happened was 20 out of 587 album covers were removed with OS5 upgrade. Now on 5.0.1 and all is good still unlike my wife's iPhone 4 which suffered on upgrades but now is ok after a lot of re syncs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.